Sign in to follow this  
Zeuss_1238

Default scenery causes lag?

I loaded into EGKK earlier and noticed I was getting somewhere around 8 FPS which is very strange for my system. After reducing my settings I noticed increase in FPS when increasing autogen settings. However, when loading into KSFO I noticed a dramatic increase in performance with my original autogen settings! I saw at least a 20 FPS boost. Which is strange because both of these airports are quite busy airports. I don't have scenery in EGKK but I have flightbeam KSFO HD. Could the default scenery be causing low fps? 

Thanks for any help on resolving this question!

Specs:

Ryzen 1950X

32 GB ram

250 GB SSD

x2 1080 ti (I only use one in p3d, is it better to use SLI?)

edit: I also noticed that the low fps essentially stops when I takeoff. I think it comes down to UT live or the scenery and I lean towards the scenery due to all the evidence, but I have no idea 😕

Edited by Zeuss_1238

Linus Zwaka

38 minutes ago, Zeuss_1238 said:

. Could the default scenery be causing low fps? 

Yes.

10 hours ago, Zeuss_1238 said:

why is that though?

I'm not going to touch that ....hopefully a modeling/scenery wizard will chime in with thoughts for you.