Sign in to follow this  
eddman

linda disconnects fighterstick

the linda control panel shows all connected controllers are working fine. fsx loads like it should. linda loads up ok but my ch fighterstick disconnects after linda loads up.when I shut linda down the joystick works ok when I start linda back up the fighterstick goes bye bye.all joystick axes are calibrated in licensed fsuipc as are buttons and switches. the buttons and switches ive set up on my throttletek a320 flightbox in linda are working fine. ive unchecked power management boxes in usb hubs. im convinced linda is making my fighterstick disconnect. does anyone know why.

fsx with acceleration

windows10

licensed fsuipc 4.972

linda 3.07

axe v 1.31

please help.

LINDA won’t disconnect your joystick. It is usually Windows or FSUIPC that loses connectivity with the device. It is unlikely to be the Windows power management that is the cause as sticks do not draw much power. 

Do you have anything set in FSX or FSUIPC4 for the stick?

Please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis thread procedure and email me the logs so I can see what is happening. The linda2.log shows what devices are connected or disconnected but I doubt if it will mean much to you. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

i sent you the files you asked for and tried to fly again. it worked once the did the same things again after switching back to the a321. i still have to unplug and replug the joystick to get it to work without linda active. however its plain that when linda is active my fighterstick will not work. hope you find something in the files.

Thank you for emailing your logs. I can see that all your USB devices disconnected and reconnected twice during the test.

The FSUIPC4.log first does a Joystick Device Scan at line 188-203 and identifies 3 connected HID devices. However, 14 secs later FSUIPC has to reconnect the devices (line 103735) and then again 4 minutes later (432922). This is a problem with Windows and your connected HUBS/devices. LINDA should react to the FSUIPC reconnection prompt and reattach the devices - this is not shown in the LINDA2.log. Ensure that the Dynamic HID checkbox is ticked on the Setup LINDA page. This is not the full solution as you need to resolve why Windows is disconnecting your devices.

Are your devices connected to a HUB with other USB devices? Try disconnecting all USB devices and connect only the Joystick directly to your PC. Also try the same test using a default aircraft (eg. B58). Try the power management procedure method 2 to ensure that the enhanced power management is turned off for all your devices. Please note the caution of using RegEdit.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello Scot, yes I have and disconnected an external usb hub. did what you suggested,removed all but joystick pluggegd into the computer. Started fsx ,loaded up default ultralight,joystick worked till linda loaded up then joystick goes inop. Unplugged and replugged joystick and it worked ok. I did the power management procedure in regedit.  did the same routine in fsx with defoaul plane with the same results.  restart fsx , load airbus a320 all throttletek controls and switches are working ok.joystick not working.  disconnect and reconnect joystick, joystick still not working. restart fsx, load a321, message banner says lua display linda ready across the top.joystick not working,all throttletek controls and switches working.  unplug and replug joystick,  messare banner across the top says linda configs reloaded each time I unplug and replug the joystick, but the joystick still doesn't work. im stumped. what do ya think?

Sorry to hear that the problem persists. You say that the joystick works until LINDA starts up. This suggests that you have it configured in FSX or FSUIPC. This can cause a conflict between FSX and LINDA. Do you have assignments to made in FSX Default? These will apply to all aircraft (displayed in green) unless overwritten for each aircraft like A321.

I would need to see the logs again to see what is happening. Also send the FSX Default and A321 config-hid.lua files. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thank you for the latest log files. Unfortunately, you have additional unnecessary logging options selected which have filled the FSUIPC4.log making reading difficult. With LINDA Console open make sure that the FSUIPC logging (Log IPC writes, Log FSX controls, Full Control Log and Log VRi events) are unticked. The LINDA GUI and LUA logging should be ticked.

From the log I can see that your joysticks reset 11 times. This is not normal. Rescans should only appear if you unplug/plug in a device. This is a Windows problem which FSUIPC is detecting and needs to be solved for LINDA to work correctly. I have suggested all I can as to why this may be happening. I am stumped as to what to advise further.

Apart from your ThrottleTek, I am also using the CH pedals and CH Flightstick so I have a very similar setup to you. My logs are clean as expected. I will prepare a special build of LINDA to provide additional monitoring of the joystick reconnects.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

problem solved with the good help of  Andrew and Scot. It seems the problem was solved by downloading and calibrating the fighterstick with the CH products own control manager,then finishing off the axis calibration in fsuipc.Now after two long flights in aerosofts a321 everything is working as it should.You guys have the knowledge and patience of saints, i got nothing but love for youze guys.Avsim support rocks!