Sign in to follow this  
Kronovan

Mission Creation Wizard?

I googled and found a FSAddon PDF titled "FSX Mission Editor." I then enabled the Object Placement tool for my FSX:SE install, by following the instructions in the fsxsdk.chm file found in the SDK folder; major pain because Active Sky had a hissy-fit over it being enabled and even crashed FSX, which I resolved by doing some voodoo cut-&-pasting in my DLL.XML. Anyhow, that Mission Editor PDF discusses using a Mission Creation wizard that is no where to be found in the Object Placement tool I have. As well, the whole look of the Mission Creation tool in the PDF is very different than what I have installed and even has a menu bar which mine doesn't. That PDF also mentions running a Setup.exe to install the Mission Creation tool which is now where to be found in my FSX folders.

I had earlier installed the Prepar3D SDK v1.4, as I wanted to have the ImageTool. Located in its \docs\Mission Creation Kit\ folder is a "Mission Creation.html" doc that has instructions and illustration that match the Object Placement tool I have installed. So it looks like what I have at least aligns with what was included in the early edition of the Prepar3D SDK.

So I'm wondering if the Mission Creation wizard was something that was phased out for the later editions of FSX?
Or is it still usable for FSX:SE and available for download on some website?

Edited by Kronovan

FSX Mission Editor (FSXME) is a standalone payware program for creating missions (by standalone I mean it runs as a separate program from FSX). There is a new version of it just recently announced on the Avsim home page. FSXME doesn't really have anything to do with the Object Placement Tool which is another somewhat bare-bones mission editor that is included with the FSX SDK.

FSXME does have a wizard that will quickly create a mission for you just be entering some basic information and possibly a flight plan.

As a disclaimer, I've only used the version of FSXME that was included for free with Flight Sim World, but I believe the new version just released for sale works the same and supports FSX:SE.

https://www.fsmissioneditor.com/product/fsx-mission-editor/

• Like 2

Barry Friedman