Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm Wright

Thin bulkheads on the SF340? (Probably not)

I've been having problems with the SF340. At times, usually at the most awkward moments, when there is a bit of vibration or turbulence the control panel disseapears and all I can see is countryside down below. A bit awkward when making final approach!

The worst is that the GTN750 implemenation is very small and I have set up a EZDOK view to get closer to it to be enable to read it. However when I effectively get closer using EZDOK most times the 750 disapears and there is that old countryside again.

It feels as if the bulkheads in the 340 are very thin and that there is nothing in front of the bulkhead, ie no nose. I understand that modellers like to control the amount of plane that one can see to keep the old FPS's high, however in this instance it makes the use of the GTN 750 almost impossible.

This is a pain as I like the SF340 and enjoy flying it but I would like to see the instruments ALL the time!

I use EZDOK for all my internal views and it may something todo with EZDOK. If anyone has a similar situation as this and has found a solution I would be very pleased to hear from you.

Thanks

Malcolm Wright