Sign in to follow this  
jimmersh

Reality XP and Elite Hardware, plug-in to couple GNS430

Jean-Luc:  I have found it impossible, after updating my ageing simulator operating system with Windows 7 64 bit, to reestablish a connection between Elite's GNS430 hardware module with Version 2 of your GNS430 software.  The former connection resulted in one of the most useful features on my simulator.  I was using XP, and your original version of GNS430, linked to MSFSX via the Elite USB plug-in.  Now, with 7 64 bit, your version 2, and MSFSX Steam edition, as well as the Elite USB plug-in installed and working with all other hardware, there seems to be no obvious way to create the link in spite of banging away on Elite Config settings as I always did.  

Am I out of luck?  Elite has no solution at this time. Thanks in advance!  JHH

Hi,

Elite has implemented their own 'driver' between their hardware and our GNS legacy.

You might want to cross check if/how they support our newest GNS V2 with their hardware.

Alternatively, should their hardware supports the default simulator GPS commands, you can configure our GNS V2 to intercept default simulator GPS commands and this should work transparently.

Otherwise, should their hardware can be configured to send 'keyboard shortcuts' to the simulator, you can catch these in our GNS V2 in configuring the same keyboard shortcuts.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)