Sign in to follow this  
Smokin256

Realair Cessna Skyhawk question

Guest glykos

Dear All,Greetings from Greece.A quick question for those of you that use the RealAir Cessna :When looking to the right from the VC, and just behind the copilot seat, there seems to be a gap in the aircraft texture allowing one to see the outside environment through the aircraft. Has anybody else observed that, or I have messed-up the aircraft installation ?Thank you for your help,Nicholas

Hello Nicholas, I noticed this too. It seems that RealAir decided to move the eyepoint around a little. I would imagine to give their version a little more of its own personality. It also makes a gap show up in the tail area when you look back over your shoulder.All you need to do is go into your Flight Simulator 9/aircraft/c172 folder and copy the [views] eyepoint figures from your c172 aircraft.cfg and paste it into your RealAirC172 aircraft.cfg file. It's a little more than half way down in the file. RealAir has a set of figures that is marked as default and then commented out but they are not the true default either. An alternitive would be to just tweak these numbers a little bit until the problem is gone.Michael, I've been wondering about the Flight1 C172. Is that aircraft more fully modeled than the default one? I found that if you raise your seat in the default C-172 the nose is completely missing :-roll ! Now I realize that the pilot in a C-172 sits well back from the windscreen and with the sloping nose profile of the C-172 not much if any of the nose would be visible in normal flight but with the seat raised and the pilot leaning forward I'm sure some of it would be visible.Cheers...............Smokin256