Sign in to follow this  
Guest lmoelleb

Boeing 787 not recognized by ATC...

I imported the voice file into EditVoice so that ATC would refer to the new 787 by it's proper name, rather than 'Experimental'. However, when ATC refers to that aircraft, it still calls it Experimental. Do I need to change something in the aircraft's file?Thanks

I have atc_model=B787 atc_type=BoeingNot sure what it's looking for. The instructions for the sound file didn't go that far.

I've never seen a good description of what happens if the atc_model isn't recognized, or how to fix. I know I get some traffic calls of "aircraft is fokker fokker jet" and also "aircraft is moody moody".scott s..

HiI think, after you have imported the voice-file for the B787 into the program "Editvoicepack", you have to "save" it and then you have to "Update Voicepack" for changing the file "USEnglishBig.gvp" in FS9.Before updating Voicepack in FS9, make a backup of the file "USEnglishBig.gvp". You can find this file in FS9/Sound.Willy

Guest lmoelleb

No need to waste your time making a backup - the file is on the CD and the readme file of EditVoicepack tells you how to restore it (and more importantly, what you need to do BESIDES copying the file back).Regarding calls like "Fokker Fokker Jet", this is covered in the readme of EditVoicepack as well.