Sign in to follow this  
Rampi

Instant braking when autobrake is selected to off

After the first few flights with the 747-8 I experienced the following: 

After vacating the runway and selecting autobrake from disarm to off, the aircraft brakes abruptly and comes to a halt. 

Am I doing something wrong here?

3 minutes ago, Rampi said:

Am I doing something wrong here?

Brakes are calibrated incorrectly. Using FSUIPC?

Kyle Rodgers

Also here a +1

And yes, FSUIPC is calibrated as without issues in the last years (also with 747)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using FSUIPC, but not for rudder pedals, they are configured via the p3d controls menu. So I would possibly rule that out.

7 minutes ago, Rampi said:

So I would possibly rule that out.

In theory, this makes sense, in actuality, it does not.

FSUIPC doesn't selectively say "oh P3D is taking care of that axis, I'll leave it alone." If it's installed, it can interfere.

Additionally, this is one circumstance in which I actually do recommend FSUIPC: the brake axis in P3D needs to be reversed (tick the box on the controls window), and then go into FSUIPC and configure the null zone on the axis processing tab. For some genius reason, I think when you invert an axis, P3D (can't blame them entirely - FSX/ESP set the foundation for this) uses the null zone on the top end (inverts the null zone with the axis), instead of the bottom, where it should be.

Kyle Rodgers

I have all axes deleted in P3D.

FSUIPC Rules them all (without issues till the 748)

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester