Sign in to follow this  
Guest mz-cd

What setting changes the distance at which terrain loads?

And what should I change it too, I really would like textures to load further out, currently from altitudes above like 7,500 AGL maybe even a little lower you can see the area where scenery detail ends and becomes blurred. I know its one of those FS9.cfg settings, just not sure which one. It wouldn't happen to be linked to the mesh complexity slider would it? I know MegaScenery changes that and a few other settings for performance. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

Guest Elvi5

Turn on extended terrain textures.my fs9.cfg works well with these settings:TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=300[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=20TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=232Backup ya' old one first.

Awesome, thanks.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

Guest mz-cd

Hi Jeff,was very interested in this topic. Have changed my settings as per your suggestion and it is great.Do you have any other fs9.cfg setting changes that I could try.I am always looking to improve performence,although I do have at the moment an average frame rate of 35 with ALMOST all displat settings on full.I don't usually have any problems but the ones I do are usually caused by poor third party scenery add ons.I stick to Maltby and Piper but am very wary of scenery add ons.Richard.