Sign in to follow this  
armchair_pilot

AIFP3 - AI traffic using wrong elevation data

4 hours ago, simbol said:

In that case I think you have done already all the tests you can, it is time to contact VOXATC support team with all the relevant information, IE: Your tests, scenery with the issue, screenshots, videos and anything you can so they can help you the best way posible, as a general advise remember that the more amount of information you can send in a calm, polite and concise will help you to ensure that you can engage much better with the developer / support staff as they will  feel much happier to work with you in order to address the problem the best way posible.

If there is a solution, they will find it and if there is none they might suggest alternatives so you can continue enjoying your flying simulation experience.

Regards,
S.

You are right, better ask for support directly from the dev. Although their support does not seem to be somewhat responsive I will try to contact them. Thanks!

These kinds of problems are hard to track down. As you know, generally, airports consist of a variety of BGL files. The airport itself is found in a file that usually has a string of characters like ADE, ABP, etc.. This file is editable with Airport Design Editor. If the airport has terrain polygons (landclass, exclusions, flattens, etc.) and vectors (roads, streams, etc.), there is also a CVX file. CVX files are viewable in the P3d4 tmfviewer utility. If libraries of objects are included, there is a file like OBX or OBJ. These files can be viewed in Model Converter X. If either the airport's elevation and or/ the name has been altered, there is a stub BGL file and that file is located  in .../scenery/world/scenery.

Three additional freeware tools are available that can assist in finding duplicate airports files. Unfortunately, Airport Scenery Config Editor has never been updated to handle the add-on.xml method, so it is not that useful in P3d4. Little NavMap will display all the file information for a given airport. Lorby's Add-on Manager will display the exact hierarchy of the files in the P3d4 scenery library, including both those referenced in scenery.cfg and the two add-on.cfg files. I suggest that you use both these apps to see if you can figure out what's going on with ELLX on your system. I should add here that you stated that you removed My Traffic 6, which contains 3 files that make up an "updated" version of ELLX.  There's a chance that it is still being referenced somehow by either VOXATC or the sim itself.

Lastly, although some people post that VOXATC is "buggy", the number of known major bugs is actually fairly small. Most are annoyances like the readback audio being clipped. VOXATC, however, is quite sensitive to errors in add-on.xml and scenery.cfg files. It also doesn't tolerate airports with faulty geometry, like for example, orphaned parking spots, overlapping taxiway nodes, gaps in the taxiway network or taxiway links with inconsistent names (for example, either taxiway Alpha  having links that are not all As or duplicate taxiway designators, like having two sets of As). That said, VOXATC 7.41 is sorely in need of an update as there are issues like the one that you describe that may or may not be a VOXATC bug. I've never seen what you described happen, unless I had duplicate 3rd party airport versions, but this was back when I was using My T 6.. ORBX also updates a lot of airports in its regional packages and that also gives me a scenery headache now and then.

Edited by jabloomf1230

Max,

Do you get the same results with the new version of VOXATC (7.42) released today (3 October)?

Jay

Note to Mods, you might want to move this thread to the VOXATC subforum.

10 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Max,

Do you get the same results with the new version of VOXATC (7.42) released today (3 October)?

Jay

Note to Mods, you might want to move this thread to the VOXATC subforum.

Jay, I didn't know there's a new version out. If I have some spare time left today I will sure give it a try in hope not to have to mess around with the airport files, otherwise I will just live with it as long as there's only 1 airport that's affected. Those freeware apps you listed however are pretty interesting and I know I've used addon manager before but did not find any duplicates with it. Many thanks!