Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wildgoose

Help with Scenery

Guest Wildgoose

Hello everyone First,I would like to say congratulations to Avsim staff for their excellent website which I have been visiting for the past four years.This is my first post,so bare with me.I notice that I have a small problem when flying,the scenery where ever you are have white buildings popping up now the then.What causes this,any insight would be much appreciated.

I think that generally means that a textures bmp file is missing, and white is being used as the fall-back color for those objects. It sounds like these are autogen biuldings. Not sure what textures are involved; maybe some one else can help. In the worst case there is a tool from sysinternals.com called filemon which will log all file access attempts and by going through the log you can see if FS9 is looking for and not finding some bmp file.scott s..

Guest Wildgoose

Hi again.Thanks for your feedback Scott,much appreciated.However,the problem is related to Autogen which I can't figure out.It only applies to the US and Canada which I've upgraded using Ultimate terrain from Flight One.Currently,I got Vista Australis (which is superb considering its freeware),Ground Environment Pro and Ultimate Terrain (both US and Canada) I might of deleted some textures but not scenery based.I'm scratching my head on this one.My PCAMD 3500 (939 SOCKET) (overclocked to 2570MHZ)ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE190G SEAGATE SATA 2 HD2GB CRUCIAL BALLISTIX TRACER DDR PC4000 MEMORYNVIDIA GEFORCE XFX 6800GS XXX GAMER 256MB PCI EXPRESSX-FI MUSIC EXTREME SOUNDCARDVIEWSONIC 19" VX924

AFAIK, there is some "universal" autogen, more or less pre-FS9 which are trees and buildings sprinkled around. Then, there is regionalized autogen, new in FS9, set by the file Autogendefault.xml. I think all the models are in scenerygenericscenery, but the textures may either be in scenerygenerictexture or the main texture folder.scott s..

Guest Wildgoose

Thankyou for all your support.However,I did a clean intsall and now running better than ever before.Thanks David