Sign in to follow this  
Guest CowlFlapsOpen

DF Baron58 RXP Wow!! just bought it

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

I own both the A36 and the Baron and love them both. But I don't use the Baron that much because the 36 is easier on my machine fps. Same settings, the A36 works more smoothly on my rig. For a twin, I use the FSD Aerostar. I rediscovered this one recently (bought it a year or so ago). I had to replace all the guages with Reality T-line gauges so I could fly it smoothly but I really like the way it handles and looks. I would probably use the Baron instead, but the frames force my hand. All of these are in the hanger at the moment though as I am enjoying Low and slow with the Carenado 182Q.

Tony,Thanks for the recommendation. I bought the Baron a week or so ago on your recommendation.It has been great fun. My main aircraft prior to that was the Aeroworx KingAir B200. Since purchasing, I have thoroughly enjoyed the 58 for shorter flights. It is a pleasure to fly and to land.Not having the ability to import previously saved flight plans into the Garmin 530 XP is a little more "as real as it gets" than I like, just because of time restraints. But that is a trade-off that I am willing to make. BTW, what the heck are all these complaints about bouncing on landing???Wilson

>BTW, what the heck are all these complaints about bouncing on>landing???Must be lousy pilots...

Guest Stryker

I love the DF Baron too. It's the only prop I've ever bought. It just looks and feels so "right."The RXP stuff is fun to play with.

>Tony,>>Thanks for the recommendation. I bought the Baron a week or>so ago on your recommendation.I'm glad that you are enjoying it, as much as I am. >>It has been great fun. My main aircraft prior to that was the>Aeroworx KingAir B200. Since purchasing, I have thoroughly>enjoyed the 58 for shorter flights. It is a pleasure to fly>and to land.Yes I love the B200 too, and on longer flights with higher alt, I use it. But for everything below FL180, and shorter then 600 miles the DF Baron 58 gets the job. :D> >>BTW, what the heck are all these complaints about bouncing on>landing???>>WilsonBouncing?? like someone else said they must be lousy pilots ;).This is one of the few planes, that give me a rush when landing, the roll out after the flare and both toe brakes pressed down as I watch the runway go by...makes me feel like I'm there. Especially when using my TracIR 4