Sign in to follow this  
HitomiNeko

Prepar3D v4.3 Erroneous Flight Plan Cruise Altitude

Hello everyone,

I was using Prepar3D v3.4 but just recently I purchased Prepar3D v4.3 and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the problem of Prepar3D 4.3 changing the cruise altitude after you've entered your desired altitude. Say you want to cruise at say FL310 and then when you load the flight plan you discover that Prepar3D has changed it to say FL230 instead. I've tried changing it back to my desired cruise altitude and overwrote the flight plan but Prepar3D still switches it back after I close out the flight planner and go back to the flight planner to check if it's still at my desired cruise altitude unfortunately, I find that Prepar3D has changed it to a lower altitude again. I've gone into the desired .pln file. I looked at the cruise altitude to see if the flight plan has my desired cruise altitude and it's exactly where I set the cruise altitude. But for some reason Prepar3D decides to place me at a lower altitude. I have tried letting Prepar3D find my route and then I place what cruise altitude that I want and I've also used online flight planners such as SimBrief  but no matter what the flight plan has called for Prepar3D changes it to a lower altitude. So, my question is; am I doing something wrong that was perfectly fine in Prepar3D v3.4 and not in Prepar3D v4.3 or is this a bug that Lockheed Martin has to address?

I'm not sure if you are loading an externally generated plan but if you are, for the moment the fix is to just reload (reopen) the plan and it will display the correct altitude.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

Dear Johnnycrockett,

I was confused first by what you meant when you said, "reload (reopen) the plan." But then I clicked the load button like I would any other time and for a second I was scratching my head as it showed the erroneous cruising altitude. Then a little light bulb went on, and I tired clicking on the load button after the flight plan had finished loading and selected the same flight and to my surprise it showed the proper cruising altitude.

Thank you Johnnycrockett for that bit insight or I'd probably still be scratching my head over my flight plan. I sure hope Lockheed Martin is going to fix this bug in the near future.

Sincerely,

Hitomi