Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingair315

Turning Off / Disabling the splash screen

Guest sb55mv

Hi,can anyone please tell me if there is a way to turn off or disable the splash screen when you start up FS,so that it goes into the select a flight screen instead of displaying the splash screen while loading.I realise that it probably won't speed up the loading time, but I would like to disable it all the same,Thanks,

Guest Trans_601

Open up your fs9.cfg file, and find this line: SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1Change 1 to 0, save and exit.

Guest sb55mv

Hi Joe,perhaps I was not clear in my question,what I would like to disable is the Splash Screen, not the start up or select a flight screen,if I do as you suggest, it still shows the splash screen, and then just goes straight to the default flight,this is not what I wanted, I wanted to skip the splash screen, and go straight to the "Select a Flight" screen, completely bypassing the MS screen showing the FS Splash Screen.Thanks,

Guest Mike_Luchia

In the Uires folder, rename the dlgsplash.bmp file to something else. This should work, although it only removes the picture, but still leaves a black box where the picture used to be.

Guest Carl Hackman

I probably wouldn't have thought so as a splash screen is there for a reason. It is used to show a user that the application is starting therefore preventing multiple clicks of the shortcut. The screen will be be there whilst the application is carrying out startup processes and therefore the create a flight screen will probably not be ready to display until certain processes are complete. Changing the splash screen or removing the image will still bring up the form that holds the image. So basically the command to display and hide the screen will be in the code and not a config file etc.Hope this helpsCarlhttp://environments.flight1.net/gepro/GEPRO_BANNER_CARL.JPG

You guys must have too much spare time ...No offence intended ;-)Eagle

Guest ThrottleUp

-----------------------------------------------You guys must have too much spare time ...-----------------------------------------------Hee hee...we all do..thats why we are all glued to our computers trundling around in pretend planes http://www.planet-smilies.de/a_smilies/sport_3.gifBut... that splash-screen edit took like 20 seconds honest!

Yeah, pluss the efford ... and monitoring this thread ... in which I am spending my spare time right now :-zhelp .Back to my 19 inch F4 pilot career.Have fun!Eagle

>Why not try what I did!Because the DC-3 ist a lot prettier to look at than that dull loading message. If at all I would change it to a screenshot of my own. The loading time should be the same in any case. ;)

Guest ThrottleUp

-------------------------------------------------The loading time should be the same in any case.-------------------------------------------------Yea I know the splash screen is just eye-candy with no effect on the game itself but I just did not like that DC3 and thought I would make it look like a Windows-kinda load screen! :)

>I just did not like that DC3You.... you... you didn't like the most beautiful plane of all times? *sobs*

Guest Kingair315

If you do a search for SPLASH, you can find an addon, which allows you to use multiple splash images. You can also save various files yourself with pictures of your favorite FS areas, etc and have them load. This way you see a different image of an aircraft or airstrip, mountains, whatever each time it loads.