Sign in to follow this  
rooitou

Chaseplane updates breaking FSX

Due to work and time pressures I'm only using FSX sporadically nowadays. Sometimes a week or two goes by between flying sessions, but it seems that every time I fire up FSX there is an update for Chaseplane and every time my TrackIR doesn't work in FSX. P3D v3 works perfectly, but FSX seems to be a problem. I therefor have two questions:

1. Is it possible to prevent Chaseplane from updating automatically. I'm quite frankly getting sick and tired of these constant updates, which break my TrackIR functionality in FSX EVERY time. I don't care about having the latest features and only want a stable flying experience which works every time I start it up.

2. What on earth could be causing these problems? What does ChasePlane change every time when there is an update, which interferes with the functioning of TrackIR in FSX. In other words, where or what can I check/troubleshoot?

But first prize for me would be to completely stop these annoying updates and just stick with a version that works.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

I think a solution needs to be found with regards to TrackIR... BLocking updates certainly won't fix your issue down the road.

ChasePlane doesn't change anything in your TrackIR configuration after an update so my question to you is: How many times has this occurred in the past month? and Are you 100% certain that the updates are causing that issue? Because I don't think that's the case...

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven, I think you are partly correct, because the updates are not breaking the TrackIR functionality in P3Dv3, only in FSX. So it is something unique to FSX.

It doesn't seem to be every update of ChasePlane that breaks the TrackIR operation, but the last update (think it is v1.09) has now done it again. I'm at the point now where every time I see the little update progress bar on ChasePlane, I just know something isn't going to work anymore. And that seems to happen every other month or so.

I have now reinstalled the TrackIR software, but in FSX (disc version) I get a terrible blurry (rapidly shaking) image, which I got before, but I just cannot remember how to fix it anymore and really getting so tired of having to deal with this every time.

Not sure if this will help, but if I start ChasePlane before FSX, I can see the little propeller image on a red background, saying that it sees my TrackIR. When I start FSX, the background changes to green, and the connection to FSX appears, but the propeller image disappears, ie no connection to TrackIR. This doesn't happen in P3Dv3, where all connections are maintained throughout. Simconnect issue perhaps? (I see I have about 4 simconnect versions installed, but dread changing anything as it had catastrophic impact the last time I fiddled with those)

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Do you have TrackIR setup to start with FSX?

We have identified an issue where if TrackIR is launched when it's already running, ChasePlane will disconnect from it. Can you confirm that?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

No, I first start TrackIR on its own, because I fly other sims as well, such as X-Plane and DCS World. So I always have TrackIR running in the background, minimised and then start FSX.