Sign in to follow this  
AlaskanFlyboy

Teen takes plane for a joyride

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

"The aircraft was a 1981 Cessna 152 valued at $35,000"Wonder if they're going to prosecute the owner for "giving false information to the police" as well ? :-)Richard

I just caught this on MSN. It sickens me on so many levels. AOPA has worked so hard to keep General Aviation simple and fun, and this kid goes and pulls this stunt which may bring more restrictions to real-world pilots like myself. I'm also tired of watching teens completely trash their lives with stupid stunts like this which seem to be glorified in pop culture. This kid is gonna have a lot of charges against him. He's gonna be looking at flying and driving without a license, and theft of a car and a plane, what ever charge goes with damaging the aircraft. And $35,000 isn't unheard of for a 1980's Cessna 150/152. The early 70's models are about $26,000 with basic instruments and no navs.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach