Sign in to follow this  

Can we get the option to keep the airport selection window open when selecting / deselecting airports? I sometimes want to change multiple options at once and would make it quicker if the window stayed open during that. I hope this is the right place to post stuff like that :'D 

12 hours ago, Zayaraq said:

Can we get the option to keep the airport selection window open when selecting / deselecting airports? I sometimes want to change multiple options at once and would make it quicker if the window stayed open during that. I hope this is the right place to post stuff like that :'D 

LNM uses tear-off menus in most places (except main). Click the dashed line and the menu turns into a small window:

tearoff.jpg

Alex

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

LNM uses tear-off menus in most places (except main). Click the dashed line and the menu turns into a small window:

tearoff.jpg

Alex

I do feel a little stupid right now because I don't see any dashed lines :') Did this change in the 2.8 beta? The airport selection drop down menu does look different from the last version at least.

Just now, Zayaraq said:

I do feel a little stupid right now because I don't see any dashed lines :') Did this change in the 2.8 beta? The airport selection drop down menu does look different from the last version at least.

No need to feel stupid. Above is an example from the manual showing the same functionality for the userpoint categories.

Below an example from Linux:

grafik.png

Alex

No need to feel stupid. Above is an example from the manual showing the same functionality for the userpoint categories.

Below an example from Linux:

grafik.png

Alex

Thanks, I found it now 🙂

I used PSXT with Real Traffic and Little Navmap showed the Callsign of Airplanes.
With the New Tool , FS Live Traffic Liveries, FSLTL, i see the REG. Number.
In options, Map Display 2, AI, Multiplayer and Online Client are Registration, Number or Callsign and Flight Number activ.
Any Idea?
Many Thanks.

On 10/2/2022 at 3:40 PM, Arwin said:

Any Idea?

Not sure if I understand the question but no matter what's selected LNM shows only what is available in the simulator. This depends on the used traffic tools, online flying tools and the simulator (X-Plane, MSFS, etc.).

Alex

Ah. ok. understood. thanks for your reply.
FSLT send other Information as PSXT.

Logs FSLT
-----------------------

05:14:09   FHY719  - A320 - TC-FHG  @ LTAI -> EETN | id I-5148  | Counts IFR.33 VFR..0 | Preflight at Gate 104 departing IFR to Tallinn
05:14:19   STW1001 - A321 - TC-GRD  @ LTAI -> UUEE | id I-5174  | Counts IFR.34 VFR..0 | Parked at Antalya IFR origin
05:14:19   MGH711  - B738 - TC-MGC  @ LTAI ->      | id I-5175  | Counts IFR.35 VFR..0 | Parked at Antalya IFR origin
05:14:20   THY3973 - B738 - TC-JHD  @ USTR -> LTAI | id I-5177  | Counts IFR.37 VFR..0 | Enroute to Antalya at 18050ft IFR, 56km remaining
05:14:59   FHY719  - A320 - TC-FHG  @ LTAI -> EETN | id I-5148  | Counts IFR.35 VFR..0 | Pushback from Gate 104 taxi to 36C
05:15:00   THY3973 - B738 - TC-JHD  @ USTR -> LTAI | id I-5184  | Counts IFR.36 VFR..0 | Enroute to Antalya at 16625ft IFR, 49km remaining
05:15:00   AZV9695 - B752 - RA-73074@ USSS -> LTAI | id I-5185  | Counts IFR.37 VFR..0 | Enroute to Antalya at 24700ft IFR, 99km remaining

Hi, it's me again and I still have a question about the weather information feature in LNM (for XP12). You're supposed to input the " output / real weather " folder in the weather settings, correct? So from the folder name I conclude that this is exactly what LNM is supposed to be displaying in the weather info tab? My problem is that I have a very unstable internet connection, so most of the time I'm flying with weather manually set by me in the settings and not live weather. If I remember correctly in XP11 LNM was able to show you the actual weather that XP11 was using even in manual weather. Even with live weather this was always useful, because you could check the actual cloud ceiling which could be a little different from what's being reported by live weather sources. So am I correct that the weather info tool in LNM is live weather only now or is there a way to still display the actual weather that  XP12 uses? Thanks in advance!

18 minutes ago, Zayaraq said:

You're supposed to input the " output / real weather " folder in the weather settings, correct?

You can leave the weather folder empty and LNM will use a folder relative to the base path in the scenery library. No need to adapt.

About manual weather: For XP 11 you could download a METAR file manually and then point LNM and X-Plane to it. Not sure if this is doable in 12. Did not try this yet.

What always works (in 11 and 12) is the display of the environment conditions around the aircraft in the progress tab. This also catches manual weather settings but not for airports and no cloud ceilings.

Alex

19 hours ago, albar965 said:

You can leave the weather folder empty and LNM will use a folder relative to the base path in the scenery library. No need to adapt.

About manual weather: For XP 11 you could download a METAR file manually and then point LNM and X-Plane to it. Not sure if this is doable in 12. Did not try this yet.

What always works (in 11 and 12) is the display of the environment conditions around the aircraft in the progress tab. This also catches manual weather settings but not for airports and no cloud ceilings.

Alex

Thanks for the answer! I'll try taking a look at the progress tab and see if I can work with that. Any chance you're going to take a look if there's an alternative solution for the METAR file thing? Trotzdem danke 🙂

29 minutes ago, Zayaraq said:

Any chance you're going to take a look if there's an alternative solution for the METAR file thing?

The only way to access XP custom weather is the current environment. The weather interface of X-Plane is a bit limited.
Maybe I can add cloud bases to the environment but no promises.

Alex

I recently found myself starting to have a hard time with how much stuff there acually is on screen. Probably sounds a bit stupid, but when I think about it I have always set the detail setting to the lowest value so that I get good performance and prevent text clutter and so on. So I was asking myself if there is something like a magnifying glass in LNM? This was the easiest way I could think of to help with readability and performance, because only a small part on screen gets all the zoom and details. 🙂

3 hours ago, Zayaraq said:

I recently found myself starting to have a hard time with how much stuff there acually is on screen. Probably sounds a bit stupid, but when I think about it I have always set the detail setting to the lowest value so that I get good performance and prevent text clutter and so on. So I was asking myself if there is something like a magnifying glass in LNM? This was the easiest way I could think of to help with readability and performance, because only a small part on screen gets all the zoom and details.

Sorry, no magnifying glass. Maybe it helps if you increase text size for all map labels in options on page "Map Display". You can also change the text sizes on the other map display option pages if it helps.

Resolving text clutter (text placement) is not easy but I still keep this in mind.

Alex

Sorry, no magnifying glass. Maybe it helps if you increase text size for all map labels in options on page "Map Display". You can also change the text sizes on the other map display option pages if it helps.

Resolving text clutter (text placement) is not easy but I still keep this in mind.

Alex

Thanks for the answer. I'll try playing around with the text sizes and see if it works for me 🙂

• Like 1