Sign in to follow this  
Flo1410

Possibility to convert AILiveries.txt to XML

Greetings!

First of all THANK YOU SO MUCH for this incredible tool. In my oppinion it adds so much more realism and immersion to P3D, that I don't wanna miss it anymore for a single flight. Congratulations for the great idea to make parking files "smart". Very helpfull. We should establish a sharing platform, so everyone can let PSXSeecon run for a couple of hours at his favourite airport and than share the file amongst other simmers!

I started to put a lot of effort into my AILiveries.txt in terms of registrations and replacing new and better aircraft with older ones. Seeing that the txt file is no longer valid makes me sad, because my valueable txt file is nothing worth anymore. I would highly appreciate a way to convert my existing Txt file to the new xml file. Same for the parked airport files. I hope this is planned for the near future.

Another cool idea that comes to my mind is: Block your "own" aircraft. I usually fly realtime according to real schedules. And it is sometimes a bit funky, when you see the real airplane, that you are immitating, taxiing in front of you.

Thanks in advance and have a good week!

53 minutes ago, Flo1410 said:

I started to put a lot of effort into my AILiveries.txt in terms of registrations and replacing new and better aircraft with older ones. Seeing that the txt file is no longer valid makes me sad, because my valueable txt file is nothing worth anymore. I would highly appreciate a way to convert my existing Txt file to the new xml file. Same for the parked airport files. I hope this is planned for the near future.

Another cool idea that comes to my mind is: Block your "own" aircraft. I usually fly realtime according to real schedules. And it is sometimes a bit funky, when you see the real airplane, that you are immitating, taxiing in front of you.

Hi,

I'm glad you enjoy my tools!

Oops, that was not a very good idea of you to edit a file that is meant for computer to computer communication...
You should have make the changes in the sources: the aircraft.cfg files!  You can add registrations in the atc_id= lines ...

(And what about when you would like to add another AI package to your Sim, then you have to run AILGenerator and your AI_liveries.xml would be overwritten...)

I could convert your file for you, but it would not be a very sustainable solution. What if I add something to the AI_Liveries.xml file in the future? No, I'm sorry you have to bite the bullet.

I spent more then a full man year to develop my three programs, so ..;-)

About your block idea: Well some people like to follow the real flight they are "imaging", so they do not want to block it at all. It should be optional (and it needs a textbox for entering your callsign). I'll put it on the list with ideas. 

Nico

Edited by kiek
  • Upvote 1

Thanks a lot for your super quick reply!

I can totally understand your point and I am most likely just to lazy to spend a Sunday afternoon fixing all the regs! 🙈 But I guess it’s worth the time.

Thanks for taking my idea into consideration!

On 10/29/2018 at 5:20 PM, Flo1410 said:

Thanks for taking my idea into consideration!

Your Idea has been implemented in version 12.6