Sign in to follow this  
rat7

Cessna S550

When I try to fly the S550 from CYOW to MMAA, I always get a crash at the exact same place (0:22:--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: [XPLM_PLUGIN_XPLANE]}==--)

Just before the second waypoint

57 minutes ago, rat7 said:

When I try to fly the S550 from CYOW to MMAA, I always get a crash at the exact same place (0:22:--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: [XPLM_PLUGIN_XPLANE]}==--)

Just before the second waypoint

I have had the same problem with my Aerobask Eclipse in Xplane11, usually just crossing the Sierras near Yosemite or just outside Capitol Reef National Park in Utah.  I reported the issue to the Devs but never received a response, even with the last few lines of the log attached.  I believe it may be related to AI or certain airports but I am not sure.  Also I have seen the odd crash when looking on just one side of the aircraft or another, and most often in replay mode.  So in the end if I see such a crash, which is rare, not often, I avoid the area where the crash occurs or try routing my aircraft 50-60 miles around the area to be safe.   I set up waypoints in my flightplan to handle it and thus I can cross the Sierras, especially if my viewpoint is looking away from the spot where the crash occurs.

John

It is an ara where I have flown many time over it with other planes and never had problem, but the S550 is crashing every time

20 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

I have had the same problem with my Aerobask Eclipse in Xplane11, usually just crossing the Sierras near Yosemite or just outside Capitol Reef National Park in Utah.  I reported the issue to the Devs but never received a response, even with the last few lines of the log attached.  I believe it may be related to AI or certain airports but I am not sure.  Also I have seen the odd crash when looking on just one side of the aircraft or another, and most often in replay mode.

Just a guess, but you may be hitting a limit in VRAM or system RAM with a complex aircraft like that, combined with whatever load that specific area of scenery is adding to the mix.

The Aerobask Eclipse manual says they recommend "at keast 4 gb of VRAM" because they're using 4k livery textures, and complex cockpit visual displays. You're listing a video card with 3k VRAM, so that may be a factor.

You're also listing 8 gb of system RAM, which is the minimum system requirement for X-Plane 11. The "recommended" spec on the Laminar web site is "16-24 GB RAM or more." A healthy amount of RAM overhead is always a good idea with a flight sim like this, especially when using complex aircraft models, and if combined with other RAM-hungry features like the optional HD and UHD scenery mesh.

This may not be what's causing the problem, but it's the first thing I thought of, when I saw your system specs. 

14 hours ago, rat7 said:

It is an ara where I have flown many time over it with other planes and never had problem, but the S550 is crashing every time

What are your system specs for graphics card VRAM and system RAM? I'm not familiar with that plane model, but as a biz jet it may also be using a lot of system resources.

Edit to add: I just looked at the system requirements for the Carenado S550. It only lists 1 gb VRAM required, but does require 16 gb of system RAM. You might need more if you're using the HD or UHD scenery mesh, or RAM-hungry ortho scenery.

Edited by Paraffin

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I have 128GB of RAM and 12GB of VRAM (Nvidia Titan X), so I really doubt that the VRAM and RAM is a problem in this case

It seems that whatever the problem as , it is fix with the new 1.1 version

Thanks to all for your suggestion and support

I just remembered why I hate those plane with the FMS only so much, if you have to make a pitstop, you can not jump to the next waypoint after resuming the flight, you have to once again spend fuel to get back to the previous waypoint and hopefully the autopilot can resume the flightplan from there