PaulFWatts

Advice on which folders to back up for original textures

Hi,

I’ve recently done a full nuke and re-install of P3Dv4 as my textures had become a bit of a mess due to the various add-ons I had installed and removed over time. Of particular concern was I was getting “banding” in the night sky which was ruining the immersion plus the ground lights (streetlights etc) were “blooming” and not very enjoyable.

Since the re-install everything is much better and the “banding” problem has gone away.

p.s. I tried doing just an uninstall and reinstall of the content.msi but had lots of problems with this, hence the complete re-install (which was long overdue anyway).

Before I start fiddling with textures again would appreciate advice on the folders I should back up to preserve the original textures. I know some of these programs do a backup first but I don’t want to rely on this as I’ve found it unreliable in the past. For example Orbx offered to do a back up before installing Global Base (or could have been Vector) but when I checked the backup folder there was nothing in it. Don’t mind this one as I would never run P3D without Base and Vector anyway 🙂

Add-ons I will be possibly installing include Rex Sky Force, Rex Worldwide Airports HD, Rex Texture Direct, PTA OR Envshade and Envtex and Active Sky Cloud Art.

@Poppet would love your input on this.

Thanks in anticipation.

Edited by PaulFWatts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!