Sign in to follow this  
Flo1410

Please bring back the Collision Detecton InFlight

Hi Nico!

I just downloaded the v12.5 and was surprised to read, that the Collision Detection Inflight is no longer selectable.
To be honest, I don't really know, how to fly to a major airport now without that detection. The spacing on the finals are usually between 3-7nm depending on the WTC. How should I fit in between? 😄
I usually pick one plane in RealTraffic and try to get as close as possible to that plane on final to "have my spot in the sequence". I would appreciate to have that option back in PSX. Maybe a even better version, where you can finetune the parameters (in the cfg itself, to keep it simple for users, that just want to keep it simple) in terms of distance and alt... This way you could have a parallel approach without the detection deleting your "neighbour" on the other ILS.

Please think about it.

Best regards

Flo

32 minutes ago, Flo1410 said:

I just downloaded the v12.5 and was surprised to read, that the Collision Detection Inflight is no longer selectable.

That's because it was not very precise and it is always possible to fly in between other ac. 

Version 12.6 will have a new option - upon special request-  Block Callsign.
You can fill in a callsign and then that ac will not appear in your traffic or -if it is already there- it will disappear within 30 seconds. This way you can take the position of a real aircraft and fly its flight while listening to the live ATC for that flight.
Or on finals, take the position of the ac in front of you.

Nico

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, kiek said:

That's because it was not very precise and it is always possible to fly in between other ac. 

Version 12.6 will have a new option - upon special request-  Block Callsign.
You can fill in a callsign and then that ac will not appear in your traffic or -if it is already there- it will disappear within 30 seconds. This way you can take the position of a real aircraft and fly its flight while listening to the live ATC for that flight.
Or on finals, take the position of the ac in front of you.

Nico

Great! Thank you very much 🙂

1 hour ago, Flo1410 said:

Great! Thank you very much 🙂

12.6 is available.