Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

UTVA 75 radios?

It seems that the UTVA 75 doesn't have the equivalent of an Avionics switch - so the only way I can get the radios to work is to use the default Avionics assignment on the keyboard. The panel does have a "Radio" switch - but it doesn't seem to do anything.BTW - I have found the reason why the starter switch would not start the a/c.Any UTVA flyers out there?Barry

Hi BarryYes I fly the Utva regularly. I use the keyboard shortcut to get the radios to work. And, as you say, the starter switch does not start the aircraft so I always have to start the engine with M+++. What have you discovered?Dave

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

Hi,Yep same problem here. I use keyboard shortcuts. This great GA flyer certainly needs an avionics update. Too bad I'm not proficient with panel editing.I hope the original developers are still around somewhere. Oh and a great US repaint wouls also be nice...:)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

In the [Piston Engine] section of the aircraft.cfg file, increase the starter torque to 1.5normalized_starter_torque=1.5 This allows the starter switch to start the engine. Barry

Guest yt2a

Hi everyoneI will try to solve that problems in Utva-75 panel. I didn't noticed that till now. By the way about 20 days ago I redesigned the complet Utva-75 panel (almost all BMPs and XMLs) and now It's optimized for the resolution 1600x1024. I will try to fix these bugs tonight and if someone of You wants to try the new panel as a beta tester send me an e-mail to yz1sg@beotel.yu.My friend Luka will do some improvements on virtual cockpit model but in this moment We are very ocupied with another plane. If You have any other suggestions about Utva-75 let me know (I did panel, gauges and aerodynamics but the Luka - the model-man is also around here).Best wishes!Goran SavicSMS Teamyz1sg@beotel.yuyz1sg@yahoo.com

Guest yt2a

By the way the radio (COM1) works normaly. There is no avionics switch in Utva-75 only what You need is to move the off/on/test switch (above the left frequency button) in position ON (in the old version the radio will be active in any of these positions). Also the COM1/COM2 toggle switch (above the right frequency button) should be in left "A" position. It seems that in FS9 the COM2 is useless - this switch doesn't works as It should do (I will try to fix that).Use only left "A" radio and check COM1/COM2 toggle switch position and It should work.Goran SavicSMS Team

Hi Goran Thanks for that helpUnfortunately for me, it doesn't matter what position I place those switches in , I cannot tune the radio. The only way that I can do it is to use the default Avionics assignment on the keyboard - once I do that I can do anything with the radio.Regards Barry

Guest yt2a

I just sent You an update to fix that problem.Goran SavicSMS Team

Thank you for that Goran - and everything is working fine now. I can tune both Radios A & B. This was just a small problem with this great little a/c . I commend any fliers who like to fly exclusively from the VC to give this one a try. Barry