Sign in to follow this  
rworthen

RXP on both P3DV3 and P3DV4

Hi,

Yes you can but not at the same time! Just tell the installer which FltSim you install to, from FS9 to P3D4 all the way.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for the reply. Let me be clearer. I installed P3DV3 about a year ago, It installed in ...\Program Files(x86)\...I  then installed RXP.  I recently installed P3DV4. It installed in ...\Program Files\...How do I now get RXP working with P3DV4? I want to be able to launch P3DV4 or P3DV3 and run RXP in either. Can this be done or do I have to uninstall RXP then reinstall it for P3DV4? 

If you have it already installed in P3D3, it is easier. 

You might want to review the user's manual about add-on.xml!

TLDR; copy the "Documents/Prepar3d v3 Add-ons/Reality XP GTN/add-on.xml" to the "v4" one. Then in notepad change any '32' in the paths to '64'

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I must apologize. Today I am not at the facility where the system is located and I'm trying to get a heads up before going in this week. In looking at the RXP GNS 530 V2 users manual, I don't see reference to a add-on.xmll file. Still, should I expect to see this file on my system in a location something like "Documents\Prepar3d v3 Add-ons\Reality XP GNS\add-on.xml"?

Easiest: just download v2.4.5 we've just released, and tell the install which simulators to install to!