Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

Problem with recent RC installation into P3Dv4.4

With the help of this Forum, I recently installed RC in my new P3Dv4.4 FS with FSUIPC5.  I just directed RC  to my P3D root folder and it seemec to install fine. I have the Lorby Scenery.cfg, the Lorby Scenery Export.exe & MakeRwys.exe in the root folder.  I also see r4.csv, r5.bin and r5.csv files.  Now, Radar contact is working almost fine.  Somehow, In my P3D files folder, I have my fsx files which has all my saved .pln and rcd files.  I've copied all the .pln flight plans into the P#D flight plans and they work.  I was just thrilled when RC opened and I am flying cross countries with it now.

Now for my problem.  Under the general heading of RC, I have not been able to get the Display Text to work.  When I check it, Pilot Autoplay greys out and I still don't get the small box with the text on my monitor.  So, I have been flying with just the Pilot Autoplay Play & Pilot Wavs (still not sure what these are) checked.  I can get thru a flight just from the numbers I remember, but I can't remember changing checkpoints, lower or higher altitudes, changing rwys, etc.  I especially miss not being able to request the full approach to a certain runway.  In reading thru the forums, I saw one today where Ray  advised a fellow to just install a fsx.txt file into the root P3D folder and then change it to an .exe file and point RC to it.  I didn't do that, I just directed it to the P3D folder.

I made this too long, all I want to know is how can I get the Display text and Pilot Autoplay checked.  I do have the Multi line checked in FSUIPC5.  Thanks in advance, Mike NIcholson. PS:  In the 10 plus years I have used RC, I've never had a problem like this - I guess I've messed up somewhere.

Mike,

Do you have a spare PC? I’ve always run RC4 via WideFS so my settings will be different. I have P3D running now and RC4 is on the other PC so setting it up will be easy. I use ShowText for RC’s menu. Free download from Pete Dowson’s site.

Hopefully someone will be able to help you. Read JD’s pinned topic again. Same applies to P3D as FSX really. Check you have messages selected in P3D, options.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, I'll keep all this in mind, especially the Show Text.  MIke  PS:  I checked P3D Options, and I do not have Message Text In the Misc test section checked.  I checked it!!  Won't try it till morning though.

Mike, pretty sure if you don’t have message text checked you won’t see any messages including AS and GSX ones. RC comes into the same category.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray - I owe you a big THANK YOU!  I checked Play Waves and Pilot Auto Reply in Radar Contact.  Checked Message Text in P3D Options and checked the multi-line block in FSUIPC5.  When I hit Start, there it was, just like always.  I finally have Radar Contact working perfectly.  Appreciate everyone's help.  Take care, Mike

Mike, glad you’re sorted. Happy flying. 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather