Sign in to follow this  
adrhodes

V2.5.10 touchscreen issue (resolved)

I have been using the RXP GTN 750 V2.5.09 in my basement simulator (I built one using the plans from the Basement Fly Guy on Ontheglidescope.net) with X-Plane 11.25 on an ipad running Duet Display, and it's been working great.  I use a large TV as the front screen, and two 32" TVs as the side windows.  What I like the most is that moving the popped-out GTN 750 to the ipad means I can use it as a touch-screen, and not be tied to a mouse.  Even though it has worked perfectly, I clicked on "check for updates" in the plugin, and downloaded and installed V2.5.10.  I guess I figured it's best to always have the latest.  Ever since then, the touchscreen functionality works, but the touch does not register where I touch it anymore.  It's always off well above or below.  So, for example I can touch the map icon, and instead the touch registers well above it and changes the com frequencies instead.  This worked perfectly in the previous release.   It has forced me to use a mouse, which works fine, but it's a step backwards.  I have re-downloaded and installed, tried it on a different ipad, and reset the ipad, but nothing helps.  All other functions on the GPS work fine, and using Duet Display as a monitor works normally, and all icons and functions on the ipad without the gps are normal as well.  What I would like to do next is revert back to V2.5.09 to see if it really is a problem with the new version, but I can't find anywhere on the webpage where I can download it.  Any ideas, or has anybody else seen this situation?

Hi,

I'd suggest you review other chances, such as the app updated on the iPad instead. In effect, nothing at all has been changed in the 'touch' handling code since at least the last 5 updates.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks, I have tried multiple apps on the ipad, and even a different ipad, and the touch registers normally, but it may be something with Duet Display, so I will continue checking, but as part of my troubleshooting I would like to try 2.5.09 if possible.  Is there a way to download it somewhere?

Never mind, I tried it on a third ipad, and everything is normal.  Now I just have to figure out what changed on the ipads.

By the way, this is great software!  It's made a world of difference in the sim to have a working GPS that I can couple with the autopilot, and saved me hundreds vs. buying a hardware solution.

Thanks,

Alan

• Like 1