Sign in to follow this  
mankal4

Where can I buy plastic toy airplanes?

I remember when I was a kid (70's) I had many plastic airliners which operated on batteries and had flashing lights/sounds, opening doors, made turns etc. They were about 10-12 inches long. Now I want to give my young son the same, but cant find them anywhere. The only ones I found are 4 inches long like in the enclosed picture. Can anyone help me out?-Mike

Give this link a try:http://tamcosystems.com/aviation/However, I haven't seen many models like what you describe since the 60's or 70's. I used to have a "Flying Tiger" model that looked like an Electra, and had operating doors, flashing lights, etc.... Had that in the late 60's.-John

Thanks for the help John, but I didnt have any luck over there either. I guess it was just a thing of the 60's and 70's and with all this downsizing in the corporate world, the planes got downsized from 12 inches to 5 !!

There's a store in Spokane, Washington called the White Elephant that I've seen those in recently. They're a sporting goods and toy store and have a lot of outdated toys in there. Perhaps your town has a shop kinda like that.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

>They aren't plastic but they are metal and come in many>sizes.>>http://www.diecastairplane.com>Thanks but it wasn't what I wanted for my son, BUT I was able to find a few goodies for myself ! Their selection of die-cast is very good.-Mike