Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
FLYBOYSWA2900

Hello Avsim!

Recommended Posts

Hey guys my name is Alec Trahan. I am a student pilot in Dallas, Texas, and just joined the AVSIM forum for PMDG. So excited to meet new people here! Right off the bat I have to say the products his company has distributed are downright phenomenal! The NGX is my most used FSX addon! I can’t stop using it! However, that’s not the case anymore. I want to use this product, but there’s a problem. Throughout my life I have had OCD. It’s made my flight sim experience very hard because I am trying to get my sim to be as realistic as possible. I have seen people posting about the new zibo on x-plane and how much better it is than the PMDG products which I have trouble believing. They say the windows are too big in the cockpit, the airplane is too tall yadda yadda yadda. So my request is this. Can y’all tell me straight out if there are any minor flaws on this aircraft? This won’t make me stop using it, I’d just like to know. Thanks, Alec Trahan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Alec and welcome to the forum.

when you compare the PMDG 737 to the Zibo you have to take some things into consideration.. the PMDG version is MUCH older and not constantly worked on. PMDG does this to earn money, not for charity or for fun. The creator or the Zibo 737 does it beacause he simply wants to create a freeware 737 and so he has completely different (economical) possibilities. I‘ve never tried the Zibo 737 but from what I‘ve seen on Youtube I have to admit that it looks „better“ in terms of age, technical possibilities and so on. I can‘t say anything about the flight dynamics but PMDG have their addons certified by Boeing and this requires them to match the real aircraft very closely. There ARE some downs on the PMDG version, one is the missing pitch momentum when adding thrust for example. However, again, there are around 10 years between the development of either addon and a completely different base simulator. I personally absolutely love the 737 we have got here and when you read the comments of all the actual 737 pilots on this forum it really can‘t be wrong. However, related to its age, there are some annoying issues concerning the night lighing with the P3D version, all above in P3Dv4 which I would live PMDG to work on. But I don‘t expect this to be done as the new PMDG 737 NG3 is in development. Those lighting issues can be come by with the FSLabs spotlights which are free and great.

overall it‘s a fantastic addon that has tought many of us about flying an airliner. Kudos to PMDG!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a new NGX coming out!? Whew, so PMDG still makes products. That's great! Glad to hear they still have their job in making our sims a lot more fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FLYBOYSWA2900 said:

There is a new NGX coming out!? Whew, so PMDG still makes products. That's great! Glad to hear they still have their job in making our sims a lot more fun!

The NG3 is a remake of the NGX with new technologies regarding the simulation, comparable to the 747 Queen of the Skies 2 which replaces the old 747 they made. 

It is more or less confirmed that it will include all the typical NG versions and Robert (CEO) mentioned the MAX version a couple of times including an EFB/Tablet a few days ago I think. Also people were talking about the split scimitar winglets in the past, I personally think they will be present too. But except that there is an NG3 in development nothing has officially been announced, confirmed or denied yet. Many rumours though. So we will see what they will bring us. However looking at the progress from the 777 to the 747 this will probably be absolutely great. 

Edited by Ephedrin
„False friend“, wrong translation lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 7:40 PM, Ephedrin said:

The NG3 is a remake of the NGX with new technologies regarding the simulation, comparable to the 747 Queen of the Skies 2 which replaces the old 747 they made. 

It is more or less confirmed that it will include all the typical NG versions and Robert (CEO) mentioned the MAX version a couple of times including an EFB/Tablet a few days ago I think. Also people were talking about the split scimitar winglets in the past, I personally think they will be present too. But except that there is an NG3 in development nothing has officially been announced, confirmed or denied yet. Many rumours though. So we will see what they will bring us. However looking at the progress from the 777 to the 747 this will probably be absolutely great. 

Just makes me want to leave FSX even less! Dude this has me so hyped!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 7:40 PM, Ephedrin said:

The NG3 is a remake of the NGX with new technologies regarding the simulation, comparable to the 747 Queen of the Skies 2 which replaces the old 747 they made. 

It is more or less confirmed that it will include all the typical NG versions and Robert (CEO) mentioned the MAX version a couple of times including an EFB/Tablet a few days ago I think. Also people were talking about the split scimitar winglets in the past, I personally think they will be present too. But except that there is an NG3 in development nothing has officially been announced, confirmed or denied yet. Many rumours though. So we will see what they will bring us. However looking at the progress from the 777 to the 747 this will probably be absolutely great. 

Also where are you obtaining this news and info? I'd like to join the forum you are in that releases that info if that's ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FLYBOYSWA2900 said:

Also where are you obtaining this news and info? I'd like to join the forum you are in that releases that info if that's ok.

daily reading in the PMDG forum right here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...