Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Napa Valley Soaring

Over my Ortho4XP made Napa Valley scenery, out of Angwin airfield headed towards Calistoga (the now removed gliderport that used to be there).....

John

S62uS5J.gif

QbzDovZ.png

jQ4KmAf.png

Q8IMWsb.png

R2sSEKL.png

OlYKQUk.png

pFeuq6R.png

Hyjg8GH.png

PSKIYcL.png

vvJDxsF.png

3esOBzF.png

EZernRx.png

EIzrNWp.png

fdvvAiJ.png

BO5yOm4.png

eVQMtrJ.png

5ncMG1Y.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

John: Always good to see your own Napa Valley photo-scenery here...helps me recall my "one" tour of Napa Valley many years ago...visited a couple of wineries, one of which was Robert Mondavi (website shows address as 7801 Saint Helena Highway)...not sure about the other one. You're, of course, an authority of the region...

Same Holiday wishes to you!

40 minutes ago, P_7878 said:

John: Always good to see your own Napa Valley photo-scenery here...helps me recall my "one" tour of Napa Valley many years ago...visited a couple of wineries, one of which was Robert Mondavi (website shows address as 7801 Saint Helena Highway)...not sure about the other one. You're, of course, an authority of the region...

Same Holiday wishes to you!

My fav wine movie was "Sideways", but it did not cover the Napa Valley, it covered the southern and central California wineries.  I knew both Robert and Michael Mondavi, they gave their facilities to the Napa Valley Arts Council, I was a founding member. 

I met Michael though later when he came to see me at my hotel, the Chateau, now the Indigo Hotel in Napa. They were going to tear it down and build a bigger hotel, I am glad they did not, part of my life was there.  We hosted the Falcon Crest cast in secret, I met Robert Foxworth, Della Reese, Appolonia (Prince's girlfriend at the time), Lorenzo Lamas, and finally, the wonderful, beautiful Ana Alicia, who would come to my desk at night when I had to work graveyard and keep me company and give me a wink of her eye. 

But hoteliers cannot ask guests out, sorry to say, and I know she wanted me to ask her out.  But she understood, and came back the following year with a cool boyfriend, a great guy, I would read his love messages to her when he called her at the hotel, and I'd blush, and Ana would laugh and come down and give me a hug for support.  And that was just the start of my career, it kind of took off from there until my early retirement in 2015.

I did marry someone like Ana Alicia, a beautiful Latina woman, we are divorced but still friends and she is still beautiful today.  We have a nineteen year old Mexican American daughter and when my ex told me recently she got her US Citizenship I told her how proud of her I am.  My ex is energetic, works for the schools in south Phoenix, near Avondale, and education is her creed, no matter the national background of our students.  She has asked me to come out of retirement to work as a sub teacher, in computers, history or math.  I am thinking about it and will decide later this year.

John

• Like 1