Sign in to follow this  
flyforever

EasyFMC from fspilotshop

I am considering purchasing this add on for P3Dv4, since it's on sale for only $7.00, and wonder if anyone has had difficulty purchasing from this site.

tks

tc

Nope, never a problem. 

I've purchased more than a few add on's from them and never had any issues.

Easy FMC is a nice little add on as well, and that's a good price.

Scott

I just installed it without the registration to check it out. I noticed that it does not pick up all aircrafts and it has no method to manually do so. For example, it does not see the Aerosoft DC8. Also, in some aircrafts, such as the QW BAE 146, the fmc does not appear at all. Has this add on been updated for v4.4?

thk again.

tc

I presume you are using the panel updater that came with it to install your choice of Airbus or Boeing style FMC....??

Part of the problem with this little add on is that if all your pop up panel windows that utilize the Shift+1 thru 9 keys are being used in the panel config file of your selected aircraft you won't see it, and for some strange reason you can't access it thru the views drop down menu.

This requires some skill and familiarity with manually editing panel config files. 

Basically, what you do is delete one of the what I call "redundant" pop up windows from the panel config file, the oversized PFD is a good example, I never use this myself, and you can back it up if you want to, then replace that entry in the panel cfg file with the Easy FMC entry that the panel updater created when you installed Easy FMC in that aircraft.

The other problem with this little add on FMC is that your panel needs to have a NAV/GPS switch in order for it to take control of your aircraft and fly the flightplan you have loaded.

I've found a workaround for this on some aircraft that don't have a NAV/GPS switch, but this also involves manual editing of the panel config file.

It might sound complicated, but it really isn't that bad, and the nice thing about Easy FMC is it saves you from having to learn how to program 18 different FMC's from various add on aircraft.

Scott