Sign in to follow this  
ViperXBR

First CTD in the 748 using EFB Charts...

Greetings,

Just experienced my first CTD with this bird.  All up to date with the latest patches.  Just took off from PANC.  Decided to log into the Charts section of the EFB using my Navigraph account and started browsing the charts.  Never really used that feature previously be cause I have a secondary PC which I use instead.  This time I logged in and started to browse and that's when the CTD occurred.

Doesn't give ya the warm and fuzzies when you use a big feature for the first time and crashes your sim.  I've flown many hours, crash free, with the bird already.  Only difference, did not use the EFB chart feature.

Hmmm...  Any ideas?

Cheers,

Todd.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

Just now, ViperXBR said:

Any ideas?

Start > View All Problem Reports (just type it in and it'll pull the feature up) > Find P3D and paste the result here.

I'd ask for a little bit of latitude, too. Doesn't give anyone warm and fuzzies to have a sim crash. All the same, it doesn't do anyone a bit of good to point the finger in a particular direction without first doing a bit of research first.

Kyle Rodgers

Interesting...  It's pointing to the terrain.dll.  I did have the terrain enabled on the ND display while climbing out to watch for the mountains to the North.  P3D also did a rebuild of my scenery indexes as I enabled PANC scenery before starting the flight.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
Application Version:    4.4.16.27077
Application Timestamp:    5bfdbb35
Fault Module Name:    terrain.dll
Fault Module Version:    4.4.16.27077
Fault Module Timestamp:    5bfdbaa6
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    000000000000c6da
OS Version:    10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    9acb
Additional Information 2:    9acbdb873716c3817adbda2e0a045ce3
Additional Information 3:    2e44
Additional Information 4:    2e443332e4e7e69abe0deab8bbe6c105

I may try and remove completely the "\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SceneryIndexes_x64" directory next time and see if that helps.

Edited by ViperXBR

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

Started another flight and there seems to be no problem now.  I'll chalk it up to possibly corrupt scenery indexes.

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'd ask for a little bit of latitude, too. Doesn't give anyone warm and fuzzies to have a sim crash. All the same, it doesn't do anyone a bit of good to point the finger in a particular direction without first doing a bit of research first.

Always have and always will give latitude Kyle.  I appreciate the support.  It was just coincidence in that particular situation. 

Cheers,

Todd.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg