Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Xplane11 View Tips

This has been posted before but buried in a thread I stumbled on by accident.  In many Xplane11 aircraft, especially GA, one can move around the cabin to certain views, like wing views, or one can move around in spot view for various exterior views.  These views can be saved to Numpad shortcuts per each aicraft you enjoyed and assigned to one of five numeric keys, so you can save up to five of a combination of interior or exterior views in two steps.

The first step, maneuver and pan to the view you want.

The second step is to press Ctrl and anyone of the five view keys.  These Ctrl-numkeys are Ctrl 7, Ctrl 9, Ctrl 1, Ctrl 3 and Ctrl 0....

From then on, just press numpad 7,9,1,3 or 0 depending on the view you have saved, regardless of aircraft you have set up these views for...

John

10 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

assigned to one of five numeric keys

...of ten numeric keys by default.

CTRL + Num0 - Num9 to save the views
Num0 - Num9 to recall.

One interesting property of the quickview system: if you press any numpad number twice, you first go to the recorded view (as expected), then back to the initial viewpoint you where at. Try it, this is extremely useful.

Pascal

Edited by Pascal_LSGC

13 hours ago, Pascal_LSGC said:

...of ten numeric keys by default.

CTRL + Num0 - Num9 to save the views
Num0 - Num9 to recall.

One interesting property of the quickview system: if you press any numpad number twice, you first go to the recorded view (as expected), then back to the initial viewpoint you where at. Try it, this is extremely useful.

Pascal

I can only assign views to the keys I mentioned for some reason, the other numbers do not work for some reason, I have tried them a few times.  The numbers I use are enough for me, much easier than configuring views in FSX or P3d, where they have to be implemented in the aircraft.cfg file.

John

Thanks, I see, it is because I have trim keys assigned to certain numpad keys as backup for my joystick when I am not using it.

John