Hi Alex

Any chance of a toggle button on the toolbar to stop the aircraft centering on the map? I sometimes like to roam around on the map when I am flying and it gets annoying when I have to redrag the map to what I was looking at. I know I can increase the time before the map follows the aircraft but I was hoping that a toggle button would give me another option. Thanks for listening.

Regards

John

Hi John,

first: the toggle button is already there on the toolbar and in the menu: Center AircraftCenter Aircraft  or (Ctrl+Alt+A)

Second: There are a bunch of options that allow you to ignore the toggle button and roam around in the map while flying: Options: Simulator Aircraft

I fly with "Center map on aircraft and next flight plan waypoint" and "Allow scrolling and zooming in the map". This allows to move around in the map, look at airports, double click to zoom to navaids and whatnot. After a few seconds (can be set in options dialog) of inactivity the view jumps back to the aircraft and next waypoint. No need to toggle the center button.

Try it out. Toggle the aircraft center button if the map does unexpected things in this mode like zooming far out.

grafik.png

Alex