Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

FS04 aircraft in FSX

Guest twsimfan

tdragger said that the historic aircraft from FS04 would work in FSX... and they do... sorta...So far I've tested the Jenny, the Comet, & the Ford Tri-motor. They are only a little translucent. Of course it is a bit unsettling that the Tri-motor seems to change out the pallet... little things like black grass.Is this just a problem with the demo or is this how it is going to be?No claims were made regarding other FS04 aircraft. I've tried the 737-400, triple seven, & the 182... all pretty transparent. I also tried the 208 amphib... looked great... flew great... but seems to get no traction on water... with full flaps and throttle at idle it skimmed across the water without slowing for about 3 miles until it ran into an island. I was really hoping on that guy since the Beaver's floats are unfortunately not amphib.A further sad note is that the CFS2 flyables don't work at all. I know they are old and outdated but I love those guys. They are very cool to fly and are extremely frame friendly. But even having them in the folder seems to distort the graphics for all aircraft. You can bring them up in a flight but in addition to distorting the display... and blanking the bottom of the screen the exterior model wont display at all. Sad but true.

Guest JuiceRabbit

Apparently you just copy ENVMAP.BMP from the FS9 textures folder to the FSX textures folder.

>I guess the next question is:>>Do FSX planes work in FS9?To answer my own question:No they do not. I got an error when attempting to select the plane that it had a problem with the MDL file.

Guest twsimfan

"Apparently you just copy ENVMAP.BMP from the FS9 textures folder to the FSX textures folder."Thank you sir... all of them are now fully formed. ;)The 208 amphib is still skimming away at speed... didn't have it pointed at an island this time and it just kept going. I suspect that examining the Beaver's aircraft file might give some answers but I'm too tired for that tonight.I also notice that the rudders don't respond to the shift-W and will not go down. The ones on the Beaver seem to work automatically... meaning they go down when you are in the water... but as to their function they don't work at all... I can't get the Beaver to turn in the water. I guess it is one of those things you have to expect with a demo.That .bmp even fixed the graphic distortion problems with the CFS2 planes. But the exterior still wont display. I guess asking MS/ACES to go back 2.5 releases is a bit much. I still hate to lose them.Thanks again! :)