Recommended Posts

Hi,

I have Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz and yesterday I bought new GPU Nvidia GeForce 1060 GTX 6GB so now I want to buy new and better CPU for sure.

I have also old 2x 4GB DDR4 2133MHz CL14, probably I will buy new one in few weeks but at this time I will keep these old.

If I didn't know P3D I would take i5-8400 surely because it's enough for GTX 1060 and it's really good CPU for any game and price performance ratio is great. But I want something more better than i3-6100 (talking just about P3D) and i5-8400 is 50% better than i3-6100 but just 15% better in single-core speed.

1) So I'm asking for your opinion how many more FPS can I get with i5-8400 ?

2) How many more FPS can I get with i5-8600K (32% better in single core than i3-6100 and 15% better than 8400) ? I can overclock but just a little, e.g. 4.4 GHz or something like that.

3) How many more FPS can I get with i3-8350K (24% better in single core than i3-6100 and 8% better than 8400) ? Estimated overclock about 4.4 GHz.

CPU marks:

i5-8400 (turbo speed 4.0 GHz) 11639 and 2336 in single thread
i5-8600K (turbo speed 4.3 GHz) 12765 and 2516 in single thread
i3-8350K (clockspeed 4.0 GHz) 9243 and 2341 in single thread
(i3-6100 (clockspeed 3.7 GHz) 5490 and 2107 in single thread)

I'm on low budget and i5-8400 is much cheaper than other variants but I'm not sure If i get big FPS improvement instead of i3-6100.
What do you think?

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

4 hours ago, Kuba5 said:

Hi,

I have Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz and yesterday I bought new GPU Nvidia GeForce 1060 GTX 6GB so now I want to buy new and better CPU for sure.

I have also old 2x 4GB DDR4 2133MHz CL14, probably I will buy new one in few weeks but at this time I will keep these old.

If I didn't know P3D I would take i5-8400 surely because it's enough for GTX 1060 and it's really good CPU for any game and price performance ratio is great. But I want something more better than i3-6100 (talking just about P3D) and i5-8400 is 50% better than i3-6100 but just 15% better in single-core speed.

1) So I'm asking for your opinion how many more FPS can I get with i5-8400 ?

2) How many more FPS can I get with i5-8600K (32% better in single core than i3-6100 and 15% better than 8400) ? I can overclock but just a little, e.g. 4.4 GHz or something like that.

3) How many more FPS can I get with i3-8350K (24% better in single core than i3-6100 and 8% better than 8400) ? Estimated overclock about 4.4 GHz.

CPU marks:

i5-8400 (turbo speed 4.0 GHz) 11639 and 2336 in single thread
i5-8600K (turbo speed 4.3 GHz) 12765 and 2516 in single thread
i3-8350K (clockspeed 4.0 GHz) 9243 and 2341 in single thread
(i3-6100 (clockspeed 3.7 GHz) 5490 and 2107 in single thread)

I'm on low budget and i5-8400 is much cheaper than other variants but I'm not sure If i get big FPS improvement instead of i3-6100.
What do you think?

 

Thank you

Let’s back up a little.  What motherboard do u have and what is your total budget?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have MSI B150M Night Elf so if I would stay with this MB I could take only 7xxx. 

Budget? As low word not allowed possible...

Actually Iam thinking of i3-8350K and slighly overclocking, then it seems to be similar like i5-8600K for P3D but for sure not for other games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kuba5 said:

I have MSI B150M Night Elf so if I would stay with this MB I could take only 7xxx. 

Budget? As low word not allowed possible...

Actually Iam thinking of i3-8350K and slighly overclocking, then it seems to be similar like i5-8600K for P3D but for sure not for other games.

Unless I’m mistaken that board does not support overclocking.  You need to upgrade your mobo or pick a cpu with the highest base clock.  I would buy a K series cpu regardless.  Also you should have a minimum of 16gb of memory.  Preferably faster then what u have.  At least 3000mhz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So probably I’ll take i3-8350K with Z370 and try overclock to 4.8GHz. Maybe it would be better than i5-8400 with B360 because I can buy something like i5-9600K in the future (I will have Z370 already).

But Iam still thinking because i5-8400 is still better than i3-8350K, but I will get more FPS in P3D with OC 8350K surely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kuba5 said:

So probably I’ll take i3-8350K with Z370 and try overclock to 4.8GHz. Maybe it would be better than i5-8400 with B360 because I can buy something like i5-9600K in the future (I will have Z370 already).

But Iam still thinking because i5-8400 is still better than i3-8350K, but I will get more FPS in P3D with OC 8350K surely.

Why a z370?  A z390/9600k would be a very good value and plenty potent for P3D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Kuba5 said:

Because it’s much more expensive than z370 + i3-8350K

Ok so go with a z390/8350k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now