Sign in to follow this  
Hari

Magenta arrow in GPS Mode after activating a leg

A liitle help please!!

I am a P3dV4, phenom 300 user ,using the latest navigraph cycle 1901 in win 10- 64 bit multi monitor setup

Upon takeoff -> I Set aircraft in "heading Mode" and fly to the firSt fix in the SID

Set Nav Mode. fly to 2nd WP/fix. All good so far.

Upon "activating a leg" to third fix/WP in the SID, The Magenta arrow on GPS /g1000 correctly point to the third fix/WP and the aircraft follow the flight track and reacheS the wp.

However after fix/WP iS "flyby" per plan , the Magenta arrow doeS not autoMatically rotate to the 4th WP in the Sequence BUT the aircraft however doeS correctly follow the eStablihed Flightplan

How Do i get the Magenta arrow (in GPS Mode) to automatically point ( rotate) to the next leg in the Flighplan

BetS Regard

Hari

My keyboard iS Stuck on capital S and M, PleaSe forgive the typoS

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

Am I correct in saying that you have set the CDI to GPS1? And that you have the Nav mode switch active in the AFCS? If that is the case the 

magenta arrow should point to, and the aircraft should fly to, the next waypoint.

regards

Stinger

Stinger 

Yes.  CDI is set to GPS and Nav mode is active, The strange behavior only happens after "activating" a leg in the SID sequence and the aircraft passing the waypoint. It does not automatically sequence to the next WP. I am going to try it in the mustang and see if the G1000 behaves differently.

Best

Hari

Confirmed . This aberrant behavior does not occur when i fly in the F1 mustang. The G1000 automatically sequences the next WP in the SID correctly after a " activating leg" procedures. 

Best

Hari