Sign in to follow this  
Wanthuyr Filho

Creation of a Bluetooth LAN (only 2 Win10 computers)

There's something I consider a big problem for many years now. I have several devices connected to my Wi-Fi router which work nicely and have fairly good Internet connection speeds, both for up and down.

Amongst these I have 2 computers running Win10, one for my simulator and one for my daily stuff. Issue is: whenever I try to transfer files between these two computers, no matter what direction, the speed is WAY TOO LOW, sometimes it even won't finish the transfer. I could never find a solution for this.

But then I noticed both computers are Bluetooth capable, and they sit both very close to one another, I also became aware there's an option to create a "Bluetooth network" in Win10, so I tried creating this for the sake of file transfers between these two computers. The connection per se apparently is working fine, they show as connected, BUT there is no IPv4 nor IPv6 connectivity. I can see some packages sent, but none received. Trying to transfer a file does not work either.

One could please show me what might be wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Bluetooth is not IP compatible and you should have much better connection speeds via Wi-Fi anyway. How old is your router? If all you want to do is transfer file via Bluetooth, I would like for a program / app that would do that. 

My router is a [Linksys Maximum Performance Dual-Band N900 Router (E4200 v2)] bought early in 2012. For both computers I keep using the 2.4 connection because it has a better reach (here in Brazil the walls are not drywall, but rather concrete and bricks).

Thanks for the information! I will delete the so called Bluetooth LAN thing.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto