Sign in to follow this  
kenp51

Thinking I may need to reinstall FSX-SE (gulp)

Just today I started getting this message:  Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name: FSUIPC4 DLL  Version: 4.972  Do you want to run this software (not recommended).  If I click yes to run it, FSX just quits loading.  If I click no, it loads OK.  So I deleted all the FSUIPC stuff from the Modules folder and reinstalled FSUIPC4.  Same problem.  So, not a corrupted dll but a problem with FSX?

I'm thinking I should re-install FSX-SE.  If I save my Simobjects\Airplanes folder somewhere safe can I copy it back into the re-installed  FSX and get all my planes back?  How about my Addon Scenery folder?  Will I have to go into the Settings - Scenery Library and reload (or whatever the term is) all my addon sceneries one by one (ouch)? 

Ken 

Maybe try verifying the game cache first??  Welcome to the AVSIM forums!:happy:

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I take it back ..... this time I clicked yes (to use the alleged "problem" FSUIPC4 anyway) and FSX loaded OK.  Then I registered FSUIPC4 and relaunched FSX and it works perfectly.  Go figure!

Ken

Thank you Charlie!  I'm sure that following your advice was instrumental in the solution.  That's the cool thing about this hobby and forum.

Ken

Heck, sometimes I get lucky!:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: