Sign in to follow this  
mustiej

Changing scenery order saves only for the first launch..

Hi guys,

Somehow my installed sceneries aren't really prioritized correctly, when trying to change this with the ingame scenery list, it wont let me(xml addons?). So my solution was to use the freee addon organizer tool. This works fine when launching the game the first time, after that, it's back to old state. Some sceneries such as FlyTampa EHAM or FSDT JFK have wrong priorities. 

Perhaps I have to adjust these manually somewhere? Any ideas?

33 minutes ago, mustiej said:

Hi guys,

Somehow my installed sceneries aren't really prioritized correctly, when trying to change this with the ingame scenery list, it wont let me(xml addons?). So my solution was to use the freee addon organizer tool. This works fine when launching the game the first time, after that, it's back to old state. Some sceneries such as FlyTampa EHAM or FSDT JFK have wrong priorities. 

Perhaps I have to adjust these manually somewhere? Any ideas?

Adjusting the layer order manually will have the same outcome as when you do it with the P4AO.

The deciding moment is when you press "Save" in P4AO and the red button turns grey again. If the scenery order does not change when you do this, then something else is changing the layer order. For example FTXCentral is known to do that occasionally, and the various product updaters can do it too, if they rewrite the add-on.xml files.

Make sure that sceneries are active (=green) when you change their layer order. Organize your scenery library properly. All dark colors (add-on.xml based references) should be located above the light colors (scenery.cfg). The only exception are scenery components that have to be layered below the default scenery by design (but those don't change their layer numbers anyway). 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI