Sign in to follow this  
seahorse

Newest release (2.2.2/2.2.3/2.2.4rc2) "Not responding"

Hi,

after a long while I finally decided to update my Litlenavmap version to the latest.
I'm currently on release 2.0.2 (rev64aa0a4) and everything is working as expected.
So yesterday I downloaded the latest version 2.2.4 rc2 and unzipped it on my HD.
If i understood correctly, I didn't have to do anything else to update, right?
The new release will takeover the existing setting from the previous one?
So basically, unzip and run Litllenavmap from there?

Well, it keeps on hanging, continuously "not responding"
I then gave 2.2.3 and finally 2.2.2 a try and the same problem.
When I start Littlenavmap from my 2.0.2 release folder everything is still working fine.

I know it's me 😢 but what is it that I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,

Luc

PS I should add that I'm running on a networked PC and I did update and copy over the Littlenavmap_db

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

Hi Luc,

1 hour ago, seahorse said:

If i understood correctly, I didn't have to do anything else to update, right?

No. Simply extract the new version into a new folder. Do not merge it with the old one.

The new release will takeover the existing setting from the previous one?

Right. Settings and databases are stored in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel

So basically, unzip and run Litllenavmap from there?

Yes.

Well, it keeps on hanging, continuously "not responding"
I then gave 2.2.3 and finally 2.2.2 a try and the same problem.
When I start Littlenavmap from my 2.0.2 release folder everything is still working fine.

I have a few reports about this but have no idea what's the cause. I cannot reproduce the issue here on all my Windows 7/10, macOS, and Linux VMs and computers. Therefore it is almost impossible to find the problem. What you can try:

Try to find out what causes the hangers:

1. Close the elevation profile to stop all updates there.
  2. Disable all weather access in options.
  3. Clear the flight plan.
  4. Reduce map display details or disable certain features like airspaces or airways.

It could be important  information for me if one of the above fixes the issue.

You can also temporarily rename the "ABarthel" folder to reset LNM settings back to default.

Also: Send the me the log file by email (contact on my page, log file in about dialog).

Alex

Edit: Forgot to mention: Exclude the Little Navmap folder and the ABarthel in Roaming from anti-virus scanning.

Edit 2: Try to delete the aircraft trail.

Edited by albar965
Anti virus

Hi Alex,

thank you for the hints. I will investigate (not today 😉  ) and report back when I did find the "culprit"

Cheers,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

Hi alex,

good news, the culprit was the AS16 wx_snapshot file which somehow didn't refer anymore to the correct folder.
LNM is running again, although "slower" then the previous version.

However, I still have an issue with the Elevation profile. I downloaded the zip file and extracted it.
But in the options I can't select the extracted folder for the offline Elevation profile (button is grayed out)
Also, I can't thick "Online Elevation profile" (tested with the Elevation window open and closed and with and without FP loaded)
When I open the elevation window and a FP is loaded I see the Elevation profile.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

Hi Luc,

was the wx_snapshot file stored on a network share?
This would explain the freezes. A missing file on the local drive should not cause freezes.

Regarding elevation profile: Do you use the night/dark mode? The radio buttons look confusing in this mode and it might look like GLOBE selected but it is not.

General slowness: Play with the map settings, also in the options dialog. Of course, the program does not become faster if more functions are added.

grafik.png

Alex

Hi again Axel,

all solved now!
You were right, if I remember correctly there was a reference to a networked PC in the weather file, although the weather file is on the same networked PC than LNM. Now it has a local reference and no more hanging. Just wonder where that was coming from (although I have an idea) but I suppose that release 2.0.2 is handling that differently because it didn't give me any issues en the settings are stored at the same place right?

The elevation profile is also solved, and again, as always LOL, you were right. I'm using "Night" this time of the year sa otherwise the screen is to bright in the enthronement I'm simming. But I'm pretty sure yesterday I clicked on both radio buttons and not changed, this morning it worked right away. And yes, the selection looks "reversed" in night view, is indeed a little confusing.

Just a last question, to update my LNM database, I run LNM on my FSX PC and then copy over the folder little_navmap_db over to my networked PC where LNM is residing, right?

So all is good, and again, thanks for your swift support and great software!

Cheers,

Luc

Luc Jonckheere

5 hours ago, seahorse said:

I suppose that release 2.0.2 is handling that differently because it didn't give me any issues en the settings are stored at the same place right?

Yes, settings and databases are always in the same place.

I did a few changes to the file change detection since it was unreliable with X-Plane and AS weather files. These might also be a contributing factor.

The radio button state should be more clear now with the small checkmark:

grafik.png

5 hours ago, seahorse said:

Just a last question, to update my LNM database, I run LNM on my FSX PC and then copy over the folder little_navmap_db over to my networked PC where LNM is residing, right? 

Exactly. Copy the databases and do not use a shared folder. This would be very slow and stuttery.

Alex