Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

End of the day, mix and match

The motorglider I would have bought in real life had I the money, but where do you hangar such aircraft?  In Arizona Hangar rent is almost as much as apartment rent, one simply cannot afford to fly for fun other than trikes and powered parachutes, where you can sublet a hangar from a willing pilot who wants extra income....  I do not know how licensed pilots can afford to fly, my friend Ron, who was also in IT on the telephony side, he was from Colorado, he had to give up flying.  We had a joke between us, we had server and fiber optic closets set up and Bechtel, the big giant everything company, shared our building.  We wanted to see in their fiber optic closet, permission denied, top top top secret, lol....   But we both tried and to this day we wonder what they were hiding in our building.....

That was about 14 years ago or so, I got out of their, something did not feel right, but I remained friends with my fellow WAN admins and programmers at California Casualty which I still say is the best insurance company on the planet, if you need insurance, I do not know if they offer flight or aircraft insurance though.  But I helped them go from a small unknown company into an almost nationwide force to be reckoned with, those were the days. 

I helped test their systems with Mercury Winrunner followed by another Automated testing program but I still believe Mercury Winrunner was the best of those types of programs, or Silktest which I also used to test software.  Before hotmail had a global delete function my ex wife asked me to clear her 30.000 spam messages, so I used Silktest in a loop to delete them, and I even had a sniffer so when all the messages were gone the loop would stop.  I loved computer programming, but it does fry your brain, so I have stayed away from it since I retired....  And I have stuck to simming so I can finish my pilots license before the decade is out...

John

g2jIgWX.png
wijy7mD.png
9Ujr2jP.png
JkQVQ6c.png
mv1eVP1.png
BSHtAcD.png
3o8GtNT.png
UsImMwQ.png
tvpcrkO.png
wM4782y.png
zrX1fWm.png
VNt4zg7.png
w8Rj5No.png
l0oKZKc.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not expecting to see an Ercoupe in this forum, and almost didn't see it as it was nearly lost among the trees!

John

• Like 1