Sign in to follow this  
Sekkha

FMS calculated climb speed in VNAV oscillating - 744

I am recently (since the last update I believe) seeing that on many climbs the FMS calculated climb speed is oscillating 1-3 knots,  in my last flight for example it was during quite some time constantly changing between 341 , 342 and 343 knots in the PFD as well as in the CDU,  max angle value is flashing then also..

That was never the case before. So, I dont know, is that realistic behaviour or is it maybe a little bug ?

thank you and best regards

Are you climbing to an altitude below the maximum indicated for your weight? What is the CI?  Is SAT stable or is it varying?

Dan Downs KCRP

Altitude was always way below maximum and I have seen it already with different CIs , on the last flight it was 120, on other flights where it occured I think it was around 100 as well

I cant remember seeing any accompanying oscillation in SAT, however I will have a closer look a that next time