Sign in to follow this  
cully

reference files 757

Halloo,

After an 8-year hiatus from flight simming (brought on by having a child), i've quite happily re-entered the realm and discovered MCE!  Don't know why I didn't find it back in the day but am very glad I did now.  (oh and i am now the proud papa of an 8-year old flight sim fanatic as well!)

We have a question about the reference files found in program files x86/multicrew experience / reference.  Our newest a/c purchase and obsession is the Captain Sim 757 III.  There is no entry for a 757.  I am not sure of the relevance of these files, and if I should create one for the CS757 III?  If it would seem wise to do so, how would I name the file (given that there are several variants of the plane such as B757-200SF RB535E4, etc)? Is 757-200 enough?

Many thanks, wonderful program, i'm sure i'll be back with more questions.

Rgds, Cully

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

6 hours ago, cully said:

Halloo,

After an 8-year hiatus from flight simming (brought on by having a child), i've quite happily re-entered the realm and discovered MCE!  Don't know why I didn't find it back in the day but am very glad I did now.  (oh and i am now the proud papa of an 8-year old flight sim fanatic as well!)

We have a question about the reference files found in program files x86/multicrew experience / reference.  Our newest a/c purchase and obsession is the Captain Sim 757 III.  There is no entry for a 757.  I am not sure of the relevance of these files, and if I should create one for the CS757 III?  If it would seem wise to do so, how would I name the file (given that there are several variants of the plane such as B757-200SF RB535E4, etc)? Is 757-200 enough?

Many thanks, wonderful program, i'm sure i'll be back with more questions.

Rgds, Cully

Welcome back Cully and congratulations on your new status as a papa.

You don't need to create any files in "Reference" except ...

- When MCE has trouble identifying aircraft specific data. Could just contact support and we'll make one quickly for you.

- You want precise values for speed limits because co-pilot is complaining "speed is too high when attempting to retract or lower the gear.

The naming convention follows this rule.

You take the name of the "sim=whatever_name" in "Aircraft.cfg" for the relevant variant and append "_ref."

When there is no specific file to handle a specific variant, a plane like CS 757 would use "generic_jet_ref.txt" as a reference.

You could create one for CS 757 by copying and pasting that generic jet file, renaming it, then tweaking the values inside the new file.