Sign in to follow this  
Stockers75

Using Ray Smith's FSX scenery files in P3DV3

5 minutes ago, Stockers75 said:

Hi all

Anyway you can use Ray Smith's FSX scenery files in P3DV3?

Thanks 

A number of them have been converted to work in v3 and v4, check here... http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html

As freeware goes, these are pretty good, and certainly better than the default...

Robert Catherall has been updating them in bits.  Last one was last summer.  He's converted most of the major airports done by Ray Smith.

Search for Robert in the library.

Edited by netshadoe

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

44 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

A number of them have been converted to work in v3 and v4, check here... http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html

As freeware goes, these are pretty good, and certainly better than the default...

There are some on there for P3Dv3.  Most appear to be either FSX or P3Dv4.

Can you use P3Dv4 scenery in P3Dv3?

47 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

Robert Catherall has been updating them in bits.  Last one was last summer.  He's converted most of the major airports done by Ray Smith.

Search for Robert in the library.

I contacted him recently over a minor issue I had with LFPG.

Apparently for whatever reason, he's no longer doing these conversions, so I wouldn't expect to see anymore in the future.

Stockers75... Regarding cross platform compatibility, the only thing I can tell you to do is try them and see what happens. Worst case scenario, you just delete them from your scenery library.