Sign in to follow this  
Calypte

Linda changes A2A C182 panel state

Hi,

I noticed that in my last P3D installation Linda flips beacon light switch when the module loads. For first 2 or 3 seconds after I load my C182 beacon switch is in on position (like I left it on the previous flight) and then it goes off when Linda module loads (exactly when I get simconnect message).

Is there something I can change in config files to disable any changes in A2A aircraft?

It's P3Dv4, latest FSUIPC, Linda + C182 module.

Edited by Calypte

Do you have the Beacon Light sw assigned to anything? When starting LINDA needs to establish the state of each device switch position and ensure that P3D/A2A C182 reflects this. This may account for the change in sw position.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Solution (and a question) in the last EDIT.

No. And I'm pretty sure I never did - this is a brand new PC with a new P3D installation and I simply never thought of this - in my GA planes beacon was always on - as soon as I turned on the master switch.

EDIT:

I just reinstalled Linda - the problem appears with the core module (even before aircraft modules are installed).

EDIT (another):

Early findings. 

ipc.writeUW("0D0C", 0)
in linda\libs\lib-fallback.lua (line 2076) causes the problem.

I commented it out and the problem was solved. 🙂

But it may be worth checking why planes call this function. I checked other aircraft (including default) - they were affected too. 

Edited by Calypte

Hi Calypte

The default cockpit lights are controlled using the FSUIPC offset 0D0C. This is initialised to all switches off (as you found) using the function FallbackInitVars() in LIB-Fallback.lua. This is called by the LINDA Init.lua and Common.lua modules.

As I mentioned, this is to ensure that the switches are in a known state on power up for all aircraft. Not all aircraft accurately remember their switch states from the previous flight. Commenting out the line 2076 may work for the A2A C182 but may cause unexpected issues with other aircraft.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew