Sign in to follow this  
Chappie

Provider

I have read the PSXT protocol document on the website but I am still confused. I am a provider to both Flightaware and Flightradar24 via Raspberry Pi setup on my network. How or can I use that to be able to inject real world  traffic into P3D?

Steve

Edited by Chappie

19 minutes ago, Chappie said:

I have read the PSXT protocol document on the website but I am still confused. I am a provider to both Flightaware and Flightradar24 via Raspberry Pi setup on my network. How or can I use that to be able to inject real world  traffic into P3D?

Well, by making an application that takes the role of the DP and does exactly what is described in the protocol document.... Then PSXT will inject your traffic in P3D.

Edited by kiek

12 minutes ago, kiek said:

Well, by making an application that takes the role of the DP and does exactly what is described in the protocol document.... Then PSXT will inject your traffic in P3D.

Ok, so if I understand you right...you have to create an application like RealTraffic that does this? It is not as simple as opening ports and listening?

Steve

10 minutes ago, Chappie said:

Ok, so if I understand you right...you have to create an application like RealTraffic that does this? It is not as simple as opening ports and listening?

No, you have to write a (very) simple application (not as complicated as RealTraffic) that connects to PSXT, listens and sends....according to the protocol.

1 minute ago, kiek said:

No, you have to write a (very) simple application (not as complicated as RealTraffic) that connects to PSXT, listens and sends....according to the protocol.

Ok, thanks kiek. I am not trying to be dumb on this topic, and I have seen some minor talk about being able to do this but no real guide of how or links to small programs that have already been created. I don't think I have the programming knowledge to pull this off. I am trying to avoid monthly fees (Real Traffic) by using my data provider status from FlightRadar24 and Flightaware. Thanks.

Steve