Sign in to follow this  
baylor703

Flap control on non-supported plane

Finally bit the bullet and absolutely love mce. Great work on the dev's part- the flexibility and things you can do with it is incredible. I plan to get involved in VOX soon and really open it up. Giving simmers options is always a great thing! I haven't even played on a supported plane yet and already love it.

This is a bit silly to ask, and I'm figuring everything else out ok, but can't for the life of me get the FO to follow my flaps commands. It's a Saab340, which I know isn't supported, but I'm pretty sure FO can still operate the flaps. He will only follow if I say "flaps up". I can't get him to put them down, whether I say "flaps 2", "flaps 15" (the angle), or any other combo I can think of. Is there a generic command that will work?

Edited by baylor703

6 hours ago, baylor703 said:

Finally bit the bullet and absolutely love mce. Great work on the dev's part- the flexibility and things you can do with it is incredible. I plan to get involved in VOX soon and really open it up. Giving simmers options is always a great thing! I haven't even played on a supported plane yet and already love it.

This is a bit silly to ask, and I'm figuring everything else out ok, but can't for the life of me get the FO to follow my flaps commands. It's a Saab340, which I know isn't supported, but I'm pretty sure FO can still operate the flaps. He will only follow if I say "flaps up". I can't get him to put them down, whether I say "flaps 2", "flaps 15" (the angle), or any other combo I can think of. Is there a generic command that will work?

Welcome aboard Baylor703.

Thanks for the accolade.

There is no fully supported SAAB340 on the list.

However, you can expect Fo to assist with gear, sometimes flaps,. trim, radios and a few other bits with ANY aircraft.

Is it MCE for FSX/Prepar3D/FS9 or MCE for X-Plane?

9 hours ago, FS++ said:

Welcome aboard Baylor703.

Thanks for the accolade.

There is no fully supported SAAB340 on the list.

However, you can expect Fo to assist with gear, sometimes flaps,. trim, radios and a few other bits with ANY aircraft.

Is it MCE for FSX/Prepar3D/FS9 or MCE for X-Plane?

It's the LES for X-plane. I'm hashing everything out and it's coming along great. I still can't get the flaps to work, but I may be able to overcome that because LES included mapping in the controls so I could create something in VOX. Only other issue I'm encountering is the FO will not understand my voice commands on the checklists about halfway through, unless I skip. I'm going to try adjusting the confidence level in the config for that. Anyway, amazing product!

1 hour ago, baylor703 said:

It's the LES for X-plane. I'm hashing everything out and it's coming along great. I still can't get the flaps to work, but I may be able to overcome that because LES included mapping in the controls so I could create something in VOX. Only other issue I'm encountering is the FO will not understand my voice commands on the checklists about halfway through, unless I skip. I'm going to try adjusting the confidence level in the config for that. Anyway, amazing product!

It's not that the Fo doesn't understand your replies.

It's more like he has no idea how to check the actual items, since the aircraft isn't fully supported.

With such aircraft, go to <Checklist> tab and enable option "No status check".

This way, Fo will read checklist line, wait for a reply (any reply) then move to the next one without arguing or challenging you on the status of the item.

• Like 1

The no status check fixed everything. I also switched to a legit headset overtop of my rift and ran a new voice profile and re-did the speech trainer. It all works pretty flawlessly now. Thanks!