Sign in to follow this  
Buzz71

Configuring vPilot with Soundblaster X7

Hi all

I am just returning to flight sim and having finalised monitor and controller type issues I am now onto sound.  I have some rear mounted wall speakers that I power via a Soundlaster X7 external card which works great.  I also have my headset plugged in.  At the moment I can get sound via either the headset or the rear speakers.  What I would really like to do is have the aircraft noise through the rear speakers and the ATC comms/vpilot through the headset.  I'm a bit of a tech noob so haven't worked out how to do this.  Would greatly appreciate any advice!

Thanks

9 hours ago, Buzz71 said:

What I would really like to do is have the aircraft noise through the rear speakers and the ATC comms/vpilot through the headset.

Are the rear speakers set as a separate audio device?

If so, you should be able to open vPilot, select Settings -> Audio and specify the source for the 'Output Device'.

If the Soundblaster X7 is your only audio device (no internal audio device, etc.).  Then it's a all or nothing thing.

A more complete description of your current computer, OS, etc. might provide some additional insight.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks Ernie that makes sense.  I think I can just plug the headset directly into the PC and power the rear speakers via the external X7.  I was trying to do both through the x7.

37 minutes ago, Buzz71 said:

I think I can just plug the headset directly into the PC and power the rear speakers via the external X7.

Don't know what type of computer you have, but if you have a Nvidia card and a HDMI cable running between it and the monitor and the monitor has speakers you might be able to take advantage of NVIDIA High Definition Audio to create another sound device.

You could also go the route I did and pick up a cheap USB adapter from eBay to connect your headphones to which would free up the computers sound device for speakers.  I was forced into the USB thing when my front panel headphone plug failed.

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem