Sign in to follow this  
juniper

Pitch and Turn Thumbknob control/animation, Twin Otter extended

I have a question, probably for Guenseli, regarding the use of Lua (latest version) with the Aerosoft Twin Otter extended version. The part of the script which I have been working with is the element which allows the AP Pitch and Turn thumb knob and dial to be operated. 

The Lua functions (in the Aircraft Module for the Aerosoft_DHC6) are: 

TW AP PITCH thumbknob up

TW AP PITCH thumbknob dn

TW AP BANK thumbknob up

TW AP BANK thumbknob dn

TW AP BANK thumbknob show

I have successfully programmed two toggle buttons for the pitch and turn respectively (following a slight modification to a couple of the parameter signs mentioned else where on the forums).

Curiously only the PITCH knob is animated when up or down is selected, the BANK thumbknob (Dial) is not.

I am guessing that addition of the ‘TW AP BANK thumbknob show’ function was added to get round this problem, but it does not seem to do anything I can observe.  I have spent some time trying to track down an Lvar which results in the dial animation but with no success.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Additional information for the Pitch and Turn thumbknob question.

LINDA version is 3.0.9 V2

LINDA aircraft module is Aerosoft DHC6 Twin Otter V1.3

Simulator is FSX SE version 10.0.62615.0

Aircraft supplier is Aerosoft, the model is DH-6 300, the version is v1.21

Hello,

sorry for the late reply!

Unfortunately I haven't installed the Aerosoft Twotter since a long time. Therefore I can't help you.

As afr as I can remember, the trimming was a little tricky, yes. Not sure if I had it ever to get it work correctly

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guenseli,

Many thanks for the reply. Do you have any tips on how to reliably find the animation call for a button used in Aerosoft simulations.  I have hunted for this one without success, I cant help feeling I am missing something.