Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

Check Out This on Mission System

Oh hey, I just looked at P-12's blog, gosh thanks for the mention in the blog...I've been dreaming about stuff for FS for a while... Great to see you guys are thinking the same things :)You guys rock!!!

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

My pleasure. It's fun to read the ideas especially when they are in-line with what we are doing or want to do. It validates our efforts!

I have to say, this version of FS has me the most excited I've ever been since FS 2.0 on the commodore 64... I mean everything is revolutionary, dreams really can and do come true... I remember thinking about stuff like this back in the early 1980's and now it's here. It's been about 20 years, but definitely worth the wait :)...Just starting to anticipate the next gen after FSX of physics and chemistry based modelling of the world :)...I have to say the physx card has really got me interested in what will be possible in future... I can imagine fluid dynamics being modelled, real time splash generation of rain, and the way water splashes when an aircraft touches down on water, and that being something that is rendered in real time...I can see so many possibilities, the videos at http://www.gamershell.com/news/23634.html look like the physics renderers will open up the world...I mean real time bones and skin animation? Hair, and fabric? This is generation 1 of the hardware... Can't wait to see what sort of stuff this opens up both for flight sim and the film world...I'm starting to plan to look at modelling aircraft models and dynamics for film production... Some of the FS models already created are plenty good enough for use in movies, I need to contact a few authors when the time is right to see if they'd be interested, just need a very good texture artist and renderer (aka Brazil etc) and it'd be cool to start a specialized 3D aviation film production company. They still don't have the movements of aircraft down right in big budget movies.A kinda close associate of mine was VP of the company who did the 3D F/A-18's for Independence Day (ID4), as well as compositing work in stuff like Godzilla etc. But even today some of the latest movies aircraft movements just bug the heck out of me... They still don't have aircraft movement right...Anyway, before I give away too many more secrets about my plans and goals :(...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR