Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Arizona's Sonoran Desert Bliss....

I enjoy flights over the metro area and desert where I live.  I also like showcasing both freeware and payware, the VSkylabs Eurofox and the freeware motorized Swift glider found at Xplane.org, a legal Part 103 ultralight.  There was one near Tuscon I wanted to see, but at the time I was too heavy to fly it, sad because today I am now the typical 170# pilot--maybe I will find one again some day to fly in the rural areas of Arizona, or to soar, using my fixed wing and ultralight trike training.  I have flown the Kitfox, the Eurofox's experimental cousin, near Provo Utah, I flew up in the morning on Southwest from Phoenix, my host and and CFI friend bought me a hamburger at Mickey D's then we went to fly it over the farmland south of Provo lake.  Again I was a tad too heavy to fly it with my Phoenix CFI who would have given me lessons in it, in the high Utah altitude we struggled to climb more than 1000 feet AGL, it was the lowest I have ever flown an aircraft, as I flew it I did lazy circles over the lake and farmland, I was in heaven when I flew home from SLC later that evening as dusk was falling.  SLC is my favorite airport given its juxtaposition to the Wasatch range and views of downtown Salt Lake and the views of Salt Lake itself when you climb out, and finally the views over the Grand Canyon and of Sedona on the descent towards Phoenix.

John

9LCQlvn.png
3KFCJdc.png
W6Z8Ewj.png
VFYRVZJ.png
A7OUY9C.png
RDDiKEx.png
s23yhOO.png
l2TCTEO.png
pK9CMh8.png
1zhpsST.png
GyZuyN4.png